Got Win10? Got ISO?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Got Win10? Got ISO?

Postby Sprocket » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:54 am

Monday morning this week the missus's PC came up with "BSOD", the dreaded blue screen of death.

Error code on screen says 0xc 00000d, corrupt boot config. Apparently not uncommon after certain Windows updates.

Using another PC, I soon found help on line. This involved using your Win10 image disk (iso) to launch a C:\ command prompt.

Following these instructions, I soon had the PC up and running again.
https://www.techjay.com/how-to-fix-erro ... ows-10-os/

Why am I telling you this?

Lucky for me I made an image disk (copy) of the Windows installation at the time, without which I would have been stranded.

Microsoft allows you to make a "copy" of your Windows installation, and if you haven't made yours yet, I would really recommend you do so while you are still ahead.

And its very easy really.....
1. Make a new folder somewhere you will remember.
2. Name it something sensible like "Win10 iso".

3. From the Microsoft website, download their "media creation tool". Save it or copy it to your new folder.

This one: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/softwar ... /windows10

4. Run the creation tool. After a while a copy of your Windows installation will appear in this new folder. (Windows.iso).
5. Burn it to DVD.

You can use this DVD for a complete new installation, or for repairs, like in my case.
To learn more, read the info on the MS site.

You get an option to copy to a usb stick also, which needs a minimum of 8gB.
For this to work though, I think your PC needs to be able to boot from USB in the boot settings.

Jan
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Got Win10? Got ISO?

Postby Raymond J. Morgan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:41 am

You did a great job.Windows Media Creation Tool is poweful,user can get Windows iso and make a Windows 10 bootable disk via it,i did use it on my computer for installing a clean Windows 10.
Raymond J. Morgan
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Thanks Jan! I just got a new computer and it's my first one with Windows 10. Unfortunately it doesn't have a disc reader/writer so I guess I'll be using a memory stick.
Again, thanks for the "Heads Up."

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Raymond J. Morgan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:55 pm

You need to get Windows iso before installing Windows 10.Microsoft doesn't offer a link to download the Windows iso directly,it only offers Windows Media Creation tools.
But Windows iso download links are everywhere.
Raymond J. Morgan
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to General Discussion