Tweaking Again

Showcasing specific payware addon products. This forum is where the aim of the shot is payware products. Please upload images to Simviation before posting

Tweaking Again

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Goodly afternoon all.... <<q

Best Buy and the Geek Squad had this electronic gizmo for several days.
Transferred the Flight Simulator over to my "D" Drive and now have about 80% more free space.
My "C" Drive was down to 33% and if I want to expand this Flight Simulator I needed to do something.

Now I found something odd or perhaps it is just me but the Screenshots I took did not come out quite as accurate like they should have.

Sometimes the simulated aircraft was lower than it was when I took the shot showing only part of the aircraft and Plan-G which gives a pop up in the simulated cockpit at different waypoints and locations...well that did not seem to show.

Also I use Picasa and this thing kept wanting to open in Paint... :think:

Other than that the Flight Simulator worked well.

Microsoft FSX Deluxe + Acceleration & Windows 10
Orbx Scenery
Departure: Bowerman Airport
To: Cushman Meadows Airport
Aircraft: Carenado PA31 Navajo
FSWC..."Flight Simulator Water Configurator"
REX + Overdrive
Plan G v3.20 on 2nd Monitor

Now I had to Resize and BD Sizer simply copied "Flying Trucker" Twice... :doh:

Cargo delivered....nice looking 18 wheeler there...

Setting Course while Climbing to Cruise Altitude...

Sun's Up...

Co-Pilots view...

I am sure there is a nice Christmas Tree down there...

Little High on Final...

Some nice bugsmashers here...

Looks like a good spot to eat...

Comments and Advice most welcome... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Tweaking Again

Postby yancovitch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:36 pm

great shots....some really nice angles!!............ha....i'm often the first one to respond......probably my main source of communication......getting old now.....don't have much entertainment other than simviation and model ship forums........only a couple friends left, and they're too busy surviving :mrgreen:
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks for your comments Yan...much appreciated... :clap:
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:23 am

Flying Trucker wrote:Goodly afternoon all.... <<q

Best Buy and the Geek Squad had this electronic gizmo for several days.
Transferred the Flight Simulator over to my "D" Drive and now have about 80% more free space.
My "C" Drive was down to 33% and if I want to expand this Flight Simulator I needed to do something.

Now I found something odd or perhaps it is just me but the Screenshots I took did not come out quite as accurate like they should have.

Hi Doug. It's difficult to comment on your problems without knowing more details.

Sometimes the simulated aircraft was lower than it was when I took the shot showing only part of the aircraft and Plan-G which gives a pop up in the simulated cockpit at different waypoints and locations...well that did not seem to show.

a) How do you take your screenshots? Do you use the default V key or a 3rd party screengrab software?

Also I use Picasa and this thing kept wanting to open in Paint... :think:

b) What do you use Picasa for? If you wish an image to open in a specific image viewer/graphics editor by default you can change the file association by right-clicking the file icon in Windows Explorer.
Then click Properties from the drop-down menu & select the program from the "Opens With" Change button. My .JPG & .BMP files are associated with IrfanView.

Now I had to Resize and BD Sizer simply copied "Flying Trucker" Twice... :doh:

c) Which version of BDSizer? Looks like you framed the same image twice. If you wish to do that try disabling the Image Caption feature the second time.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:45 am

Good morning Doug... <<q

Doug I use the "V" Key for taking screenshots...seems to work well.

BD Sizer is Version 2:3:1
I am sure it was my fault for the duplication of the frames...I had to resize twice as the first time I Uploaded the Images they were much too large.
I resized from the already framed image instead of going back to the original screenshot.

Yes I see now where I can make Picasa 3 my Default...settings were changed or reverted back to Paint when they moved the Flight Simulator from one Drive to Another...not sure why it happened though.

I also had to Accept the Payware Aircraft when I clicked on each one...took some time but think I got them all... :lol:

Other than those few items which are now corrected I think everything works fine.

It is finding the time to do some simulated flights...
Not sure why they call it Retirement as I don't seem to have any spare time anymore... :lol:

Again thanks for the input Doug....Make it a Great Day... ;)
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Daube » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi Doug,

I like the three last shots quite a lot ! That one with only a part of the aircraft visible in the bottom of the screen was surprising, but not a bad idea at all. The result is very nice ! :)
I agree with you there's something wrong with the picture quality.
First of all, it seems the picture JPEG compression is too high.
Then, the borders of the 3D shapes are showing some pixels, so it seems your antialiasing got deactivated, or lowered drastically.
Perhaps, when moved to another drive, the sim settings went reset ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 am

Thanks Stephane...will look into that further... ;)
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Payware Screenshot Showcase