Does BA deserve this?

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Re: Does BA deserve this?

Postby C » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:46 pm

I think in the present climate the cabin crew need to take a look at themselves (particularly compared to other airlines) and be thankful they're in a job at all and haven't been stung with large redundancies. The fact that it appears they asked members who'd already taken voluntary redundancy to vote doesn't help their argument.

I couldn't believe one of the gripes I read; the Cabin Service Director's (aka Chief Steward) being upset at losing a crewmember and have to serve passengers themselves on long haul flights.

All in all, sheep being led in the dark by self-important unions. A 12 day strike is rather taking the piss too, TBBH.
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:51 pm

I think BA lost its way many years ago. The senior management has been arrogant in the way it treats its customers & staff for as long as I can remember. To be honest I think the cabin crew are shooting themselves in the foot by going on strike. Whatever the outcome it can only result in the loss of even more jobs. Unions in the travel industry always pick the busiest times like holidays for industrial action thus losing any public sympathy they might have had. Far from being re-nationalised I think BA should be left to compete with the other airlines on an equal footing. Either sort itself out or go under.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:19 pm

BA deserves to go the way of TWA and Pan Am. They've been bullying others for far too long (look at Laker if you want a REAL insight). Serve them right, I've been refusing to use them or British Midland for a loooong time and my travelling has been much happier since I declared my boycott 8-)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby expat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Last edited by expat on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby C » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:37 am

I wonder how many BA cabin crew are thinking of those at Globespan, who no longer have a company to work for... Might make 'em think. An average of
C
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Real Aviation