I feel like a failure :(

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Re: I feel like a failure :(

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Sun May 04, 2003 12:34 pm

Glad  to hear it went well, I don't know about anyone else but I find the breifings scarier than the flights/jumps themselves. Before my first glider flight and my first jump I was somewhere between these two little guys  :-/   :o
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee
Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Postby Rifleman » Wed May 14, 2003 5:45 pm

How about this little bit of positive re-inforcement.....its not BS, and a well known fact about one of the best......who else has been known to break the sound barrier twice, fifty years apart ?
Following a lackluster trek through high school, Yeager enlisted as an airplane mechanic with the United States Air Force {It was the Army Air Force until 1947} in the midst of World War II. He hoped his new path would take him to far away places that might hold the same magic as the West Virginia woods behind his home. He helped service planes before a newly formed Flying Sergeants program gave him the opportunity to attend flight training. Believe it or not, his first few flights were unauspicious, finding the typically resilient Yeager puking his brains out. But he quickly overcame his airsickness ("Mind over matter," Yeager might say) and began to set himself apart as the best flyer in the class
Last edited by Rifleman on Wed May 14, 2003 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BFMF » Thu May 15, 2003 12:02 am

I'm glad i'm not the only one, even the best went through with what i'm going through
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rifleman » Thu May 15, 2003 12:09 am

One more bit of advice to use, till you strengthen your stomach......down a Gravol if you can, half hour before liftoff and it will do wonders for you.......
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BFMF » Thu May 15, 2003 1:14 am

What is a Gravol???
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rifleman » Thu May 15, 2003 12:24 pm

Gravol is an anti-nausea pill that we can get here in Canada at any pharmacy, you should be able to find it where you live too ?............works well too
Last edited by Rifleman on Thu May 15, 2003 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rifleman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Real Aviation