Going 58 in a 65

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Going 58 in a 65

Postby Camel_Moe » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 am

I once watched a local military humvee accelerate faster than the civilian traffic up one of those ramps. Now that's pathetic...lol

:o

Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB
Camel_Moe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby beaky » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:22 pm

People generally forget that the speed limit applies to the passing lane as well... this is why speeding tickets are issued. ;D

The "fast lane" is not reserved for those who must cruise at 70-100 mph.
;D

It's for passing those who are driving at or below the posted limit.

The word "limit" does not imply a minimum speed. ;D

That being said, "everybody" knows in the US that on interstates, the following apply:

The "real" average speed is more like 70 mph, regardless of the posted limit.
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BFMF » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:25 pm

The word "limit" does not imply a minimum speed. ;D

Maybe, but it is generally understood that in most areas, you can get away with driving 5-7 mph over the speed limit, so it really is a minimum... ;D
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Ivan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:07 pm

In holland they fine you for 8kmh+ over the limit and they hide behind trees and tunnel exits.

And people should get proper cars instead of ordering every option on the cheapest engine variant. Some of those new cars are so heavy that every overtaking and lane merging action is playing with your life when you dont have the mid-size engine versions
Russian planes: IL-76 (all standard length ones),  Tu-154 and Il-62, Tu-134 and [url=http://an24.uw.hu/]An-24RV[/ur
Ivan
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BFMF » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:22 pm

In holland they fine you for 8kmh+ over the limit and they hide behind trees and tunnel exits.

8kmh is approx 5mph... ;)
Last edited by BFMF on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby skoker » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:13 pm

This reminds me of the time my grandmother (75 at the time) got pulled over for doing 68 in the 35mph zone.  My entire family laughed our arses off! ;D
skoker
Major
Major

Postby Brando14100 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:20 pm

[quote]This reminds me of the time my grandmother (75 at the time) got pulled over for doing 68 in the 35mph zone.
Brando14100

Postby SeanTK » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:55 pm

Around here besides the random excessive slowness or quickness, we have to deal a lot with people who will come to a complete stop on the on ramps (not to mention those who will cross the entire width of the road to make an off ramp, even if it means cutting off others and driving over the solid white markers denoting the lane offshoot.) I see it often where they treat the darn yield signs as stop signs, no matter what the traffic level is. I can maybe understand slowing a bit if it is really packed in on the highway and you can't squeeze in no matter what, but just stopping because you are afraid to reach 60 in less than 5 minutes in all but the heaviest traffic is stupid.
SeanTK

Postby Camel_Moe » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:08 pm

LOL, what the locals love doing in this part of Florida is to stop 3 or 4 car lengths from a stop light's "stop here" line.
I'm told this is so they don't get shoved into the intersection when getting rear ended by the other half of the population that doesn't stop for red lights, but unfortunately this also keeps them from triggering the sensor in the ground.  Ussually you end up sitting there three times has long has a result, because the light doesn't think there is anyone waiting to go.

Camel_Moe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby skoker » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:41 pm

[quote]LOL, what the locals love doing in this part of Florida is to stop 3 or 4 car lengths from a stop light's "stop here" line.
I'm told this is so they don't get shoved into the intersection when getting rear ended by the other half of the population that doesn't stop for red lights, but unfortunately this also keeps them from triggering the sensor in the ground.
skoker
Major
Major

Postby BFMF » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:44 pm

[quote][quote]LOL, what the locals love doing in this part of Florida is to stop 3 or 4 car lengths from a stop light's "stop here" line.
I'm told this is so they don't get shoved into the intersection when getting rear ended by the other half of the population that doesn't stop for red lights, but unfortunately this also keeps them from triggering the sensor in the ground.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Capt.Propwash » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:15 am

sorry guys.... i just have to post it being the topic is about speed limitations on/off freeways/interstates....

And for those of you in California:::::: LMAO..

The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby eno » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:17 am

I don't think anyone has read the article properly.

As far as the cop is concerned the
Last edited by eno on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][img]http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/imaginsigeno.jpg[/img][/align]
eno
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Camel_Moe » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:53 am

[quote][quote]LOL, what the locals love doing in this part of Florida is to stop 3 or 4 car lengths from a stop light's "stop here" line.

Camel_Moe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Camel_Moe » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:00 am

I don't think anyone has read the article properly.

;D I admit it, I haven't read the article at all.  ;D

I only got interested when the thread started to bash Humvees, and then stayed when the discussion morphed into a generalized rant about other drivers.
:'( Sorry I didn't read the article. I was never motivated in school towards completion of my reading assignments there either... :'( ;D ;D

Camel_Moe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion