im insulted

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

im insulted

Postby drtomkat » Tue May 01, 2012 9:53 am

the flight team are coming up with this amesing planes, who i say look amezin and sound great. the insult is that this planes which you have to purchase dont have cockpits, wow now how in hell this miltimillion company will do something like this. well if you been a simmer for as long as i have you probably seem freeware versions of this planes that are a lot better. i try something like this with my wife, i took her out to dinner and did not bough any food, odvioly she did not like that one bit, so microsoft dont take me out to dinner and then dont buy food.....cmon man if you're going to sell something do it right or dont mess with it.   thanks for reading.
drtomkat
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: im insulted

Postby Strategic Retreat » Tue May 01, 2012 10:11 pm

You are wrong at feeling insulted. Don't get me wrong, I understand your point of view perfectly, yet there's little we can do obsessing over it beside feeling pointlessly ill, and they do not deserve our health to be put on jeopardy. Although I think someone among the more impetuous amongst us could think about it, we can hardly sent M$ our official challenge to a formal duel (be it old European style or the western movies favorite Mexican standoff) for them having chosen a slow and agonizing death of their games branch. And it would be stupid of us besides.

To quote a saying from a discussed British egghead over a questionable line of area carpet bombing back in the second world war, they sowed wind in hope of easy cash from mindless drones, let them reap the whirlwind of our silent scorn and contemptuous abandonment.
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Tue May 01, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby U4EA » Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 pm

.....they sowed wind in hope of easy cash from mindless drones, let them reap the whirlwind of our silent scorn and contemptuous abandonment.

Very eloquently stated sir!
I love the smell of radials in the morning!
U4EA
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Bass » Wed May 02, 2012 9:07 am

I'm not insulted. I did not expect anything!
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby drtomkat » Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 am

You are wrong at feeling insulted. Don't get me wrong, I understand your point of view perfectly, yet there's little we can do obsessing over it beside feeling pointlessly ill, and they do not deserve our health to be put on jeopardy. Although I think someone among the more impetuous amongst us could think about it, we can hardly sent M$ our official challenge to a formal duel (be it old European style or the western movies favorite Mexican standoff) for them having chosen a slow and agonizing death of their games branch. And it would be stupid of us besides.

To quote a saying from a discussed British egghead over a questionable line of area carpet bombing back in the second world war, they sowed wind in hope of easy cash from mindless drones, let them reap the whirlwind of our silent scorn and contemptuous abandonment.

it was my way of putting, and i totally agreed with you. if we keep buying they'll keep doing it.
drtomkat
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Barkingdog » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:47 pm

[quote]the flight team are coming up with this amesing planes, who i say look amezin and sound great. the insult is that this planes which you have to purchase dont have cockpits, wow now how in hell this miltimillion company will do something like this. well if you been a simmer for as long as i have you probably seem freeware versions of this planes that are a lot better. i try something like this with my wife, i took her out to dinner and did not bough any food, odvioly she did not like that one bit, so microsoft dont take me out to dinner and then dont buy food.....cmon man if you're going to sell something do it right or dont mess with it.
Barkingdog
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Formula_1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Title; Me too. I just tired it and really don't see how they could even consider this game to be anything other than an xbox for kids game. One would think they could have at least left in the control options that FS has. Oh well, it didn't cost me anything but the time I wasted playing around with it.

Back to FSX now
Last edited by Formula_1 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Explore Everything, Then Decide
Formula_1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:45 am

Looks pretty nice,

A little elbow grease and FS2002 looks pretty nice too.

FS9 and FSX look pretty nice with even less elbow grease.

Fail!

works in triscreen

A little tweaking and FS9 too can work in triscreen (I've USED a rig like that), and FSX is no less advanced.

FAIL!

and TrackIR is supported.

FS9, FSX and X-plane too, and they're only a drop in the bucket.

FAIL!

FAIL!

FAIL!
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Modlerbob » Sat May 31, 2014 9:02 am

I wasn't insulted, just disappointed with MS "Flight" The free part was just a teaser. It didn't impress me enough to purchase the whole package.
Modlerbob
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Sat May 31, 2014 10:43 am

simply put - Microsoft Flight was done Half Ass , just throw something out there, good enough charge them for it.

NO A.I. Aircraft - NO ATC - NO other Aircraft to Inject into the Sim or Game or port over to Flight

and the worst part , sim pilots were limited to Hawaii , and/ or Alaska if you were naïve enough to buy it

the rest of the World was off limits there was NO other rest of the World to explorer, eventually it might come at a steep price, but you can also bet it would of been done Half Assed, just like those Planes.

lotta good it did the rest of us Sim Pilots, to have really nice freeware and PAYWARE Aircraft and couldn't use it in Flight.

I remember all the "Illusionary bullshit Hype" months before that Sim / Game ever was released, as Microsoft touted several Reporters with Flight Sim web sites & magazines about how great it was going to be and all the press hype about Flight before it was released.

We now know different tho, don't we, NOT enough Questions asked before it was reported on, and if any of the reporters did know how limited flight was gonna be, they kept quiet about it for whatever reasons.

I know of 1 other Situtation that received a lotta hype on Flight sim forums and Flight sim blogs about a particular Vintage era Aircraft that was HYPED up as to be coming out and was "supposedly" being Developed - - - that was 2 years ago - haven't seen a thing of it or about it since all the Hype, but the developer did post nice screen shots of it , but it appears their back to making their well known Jetliners, and must of scrapped the Vintage propliner ?

But I did take screen shots of the supposed Illusion back 2 years ago, had a hunch it wasn't really going to come to be, it was just about the time that Just Flight was releasing their DC-6 Propliner too.

Checked the Forum a few months ago, as others were asking about it, and so far all I've seen posted was Excuses as to why it was never put out - kinda now believe that it was never really in the making to begin with, as I came across that same DC-6 on another web site and downloaded it into my FSX edition.

Appears they did the same thing, and painted / plastered their logo all over it to make it appear they were developing the thing.

I no longer believe any of the "Hype" some of these developers put out - the Race to out do each other with the latest greatest supposed creations is kinda winding down now, as more simmers have caught on to their Game of Hype & BS.

When its released and out , then simmers will know, anything short of that is just Shuck & Jive for the purpose of Hype to create an Illusion.

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby zswobbie1 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:48 am

lol... all this over a game?
Hehee, maybe we must petition Microsoft to give us a new version of Solitare? Well, is it a game or a simulation? :violin: (& who really cares?)
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:01 am

Well OK,,, as you stated, all this over just a game ??????

Heres the situation :

Theres the Generic Basic Flight Simulator user, who uses the Simulator maybe once a month if that,, and has very little if any PAYWARE add ons or Additional Quality Freeware add on's.

Then theres the HARDCORE Flight Simmers, who have hundreds or thousands of dollars wrapped up in the Add On's, Software and Hardware

Just a game ????

NO, for the really true HARDCORE Flight Simulartor Pilots who have thousands of dollars wrapped in their Computer Rig, Hardware and Software,,, this is like a big Major Fantasy HOBBY !!!

An Expensive Hobby that they take very very serious, - very Serious !!!!!!!!!!

Back when Microsoft came out with this Disasterous thingy ma jobber called Flight, they and some other HYPE Artists, tried touting it as the next best Flight Simulator with all kinds of potential and tried to HYPE up the planes as great.

this was before it actually was available to users , more less a preview

Then eventually it was available to users, and then we found out the TRUTH,,

NO Virtual Cockpits

NO ATC / Air Traffic Control

NO other A.I. / Artificial Aircraft flying around - Extra planes in the skies

NO other scenery but HAWAII to Fly around in, unless you purchased Alaska, which was real iffy as their were log in purchase problems from a lotta users.

NO other way to Inject your Aircraft and scenery into this new thing called flight

NOTHING would be Compatible, from your current Simulator to this new thingy ma jobber called Flight

So, that would leave users with a Flight Simulator that was basically worthless for the NEW Version does NOT accept anything from the previous simulators !

The New version FLIGHT, took away a lot , a hell of a lot Major Big Time from what we currently have

To be Blunt - they offered Flight Sim users a Double Cheeseburger , and what we really got was 2 pieces of Bread with NO MEAT or extras !!

Now how would you Feel, if you ordered a Double Whopper Cheese Burger, and you end up with 2 pieces of Bread, NO MEAT , No pickles, No tomato's , NO Cheese

This Sums up HOW Flight Simmers really felt about the New Flight : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK5MPlGGb5w

Wheres the BEEF !!! :D :D :? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:30 am

Looking back now one wonders why microsoft veered away from what they had been building on for over a decade. I think that had FS2002 been able to use planes and scenery from FS98 and then had FS2004 and all future versions been more backward compatible their user base would have become much larger. I skipped from FS2002 to FSX as there was a long period of time where I lost interest in non combat flight simming.

I downloaded "Flight" before buying FSX and played with it for a few days before moving on.

Now it looks like microsoft has lost all interest in this sector of their business.
Modlerbob
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Strategic Retreat » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:12 am

Modlerbob wrote:Now it looks like microsoft has lost all interest in this sector of their business.

They're concentrating their forces and strength on the smartphones side, arguably the market of the future, and in the attempt to reach Apple and Android trying to use the famous name of Nokia... they're failing spectacularly at making any REAL headway.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Jetranger » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:59 am

Rumor has it, that Flight Simmers are really Enjoying that Illusionary DC-6 , from PMDG - wherever its at !!!

About the time Just Flight released their DC-6, is when PMDG said they were working on theirs and it'd be out soon, then their blog forum said its been put on the back burner

then later it was on again,,, who knows IF it was ever really being developed anyway???????

again, back to the Hype and BS, just because ~ !!! :? :? :?

the 3 photos above, were taken right off their own Forum, about 2 years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :? :? :shock:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'