Read this if you want the FS series to come back!

The latest and discontinued 'Flight' Game from Microsoft -

Postby F35LightningII » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 am

Hi

I know that many of us have been long-time flight-sim fans who were heartbroken when we heard that ACES shut down in 2009. Well now that Flight has also failed, I believe that now is the best time to try and encourage MS to resume the FS series.

I've made a FB page for the campaign: https://www.facebook.com/bringbackfs

Please "Like" the page if you would like to see Microsoft rule the skies once again!
i5 3570K @ 4.3GHz, ASRock Z77 Pro3, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, 8GB DDR3, 128GB Samsung 830, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Thermaltake Armor A60, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Logitech K800, Logitech M510, Windows 8 Pro x64, FSX Acceleration
F35LightningII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby F35LightningII » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 am

Hi

I know that many of us have been long-time flight-sim fans who were heartbroken when we heard that ACES shut down in 2009. Well now that Flight has also failed, I believe that now is the best time to try and encourage MS to resume the FS series.

I've made a FB page for the campaign: https://www.facebook.com/bringbackfs

Please "Like" the page if you would like to see Microsoft rule the skies once again!
i5 3570K @ 4.3GHz, ASRock Z77 Pro3, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, 8GB DDR3, 128GB Samsung 830, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Thermaltake Armor A60, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Logitech K800, Logitech M510, Windows 8 Pro x64, FSX Acceleration
F35LightningII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Read this if you want the FS series to come back!

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:29 am

Already answered you in the FSX section. ;)
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:35 am

I'd "like" that, if I wasn't one of the founding members and staunchest supporter of the anti-facebook international movement. ;D

I wish you the best success, even if I believe yours to be a pipe dream at best. M$ has time and time again shown in the past to be deaf and unmoved by outside pressures and requests. They believe to be the Almighty's personal gift to undeserving lowly PC users worldwide, and is their firm belief WE should follow THEM no matter what their fancy is this week around, not the other way around, NEVER the other way around.

The fact that we DARED rebel to their SACRED will about Flight has surely moved them into HOLY WRATH mode, and they will NEVER accept giving us what we want in exchange of our uprising. It would be a terminal loss of honor and face for them, and above all an admission NOT TO BE superior to us, miserable common rabble, and that would be UNBEARABLE to them and their worldview.

Get real, people. I am amongst the less pleased by the situation, yet it is indisputable that try to convince M$ to do ANYTHING they are stubbornly set not to do, even be this a thing that would be clearly best for them, is a mere Sisyphean task akin to try and drain up the Atlantic Ocean to make the finding of new oil wells easier. :-/
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby JBaymore » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:43 pm

If Microsoft stays OUT of the game... maybe that will open up the opportunity for someone else to DO IT RIGHT.

So I'm sitting pat on this.  I can use FS2004 for YEARS yet.

best,

....................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JBaymore » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:45 pm

[postsmovedhere1] 2 [postsmovedhere2] Flight Simulator X [move by] JBaymore.
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Steve M » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Ok, I have a FB account and I'll go hit the like button, but I have serious doubts that MS gives a damn. So good luck with this. If I had 51% of the shares in Microsoft they might turn an ear. This is A PUBLICLY TRADED business that cannot listen to the public. Same as Rim with the Blackberry.   
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby c130lover » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I seriously doubt m$ will bring back ACES, because some of ACES ex members founded Cascade Game Foundry, which looks promising, even though I think they're working on the replacement for Microsoft Train Sim first, then hopefully they'll give us the flight sim of our dreams
c130lover
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Strategic Retreat » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:17 pm

I seriously doubt m$ will bring back ACES, because some of ACES ex members founded Cascade Game Foundry, which looks promising, even though I think they're working on the replacement for Microsoft Train Sim first, then hopefully they'll give us the flight sim of our dreams

I'd like MUCH more that in a short(ish) time we had a new Train Simulator (the old one was flaky enough when it got out, and now is even worse) than a new Flight Simulator (being honest about it, and seeing TS's career, I can say what we have can stay on for quite the long time before we really get fed up with it), but there's a problem... wouldn't there be a serious case of royalties though?

I don't think M$ would miss the opportunity to copy again Apple, this time in the mess against Samsung though, if someone DARED do a thing like that. They DO have a strong suing culture for the smallest, most insignificant idiocy, over the pond, after all... :-/
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Return to Microsoft 'Flight'