FSX a step forward to a virtual world platform?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX a step forward to a virtual world platform?

Postby Jehovah_of_Jive » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:39 am

Reading about FSX's 'moving vehicles and wildlife' makes me wonder whether the FSX 'world' will not bring one step forward the notion of a universal virtual world gaming/sim platform.

As well as perfectly-modelled aircraft, will designers be able to add cars and motorbikes (tips hat to Golden Wings' 1948 Cadillac, Jaguar XK120, 1941 Indian Chief motorbike), trains, ships, speedboats, hydrofoils, hovercraft... submarines (!?!)... A world that can be inhabited by 3D shoot-em-ups, rail sim, śrace-car and rally car drivers as well as combat flight sim fans.

Another question is - FSX will model the contemporary world, based on real time satellite imagery. I'd like a virtual 1940s world too...

J_o_J

But this is
Last edited by Jehovah_of_Jive on Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jehovah_of_Jive
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX a step forward to a virtual world platform

Postby Daube » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:14 am

That would be soooo great.

But unfortunately, I think Operation Flashpoint will definitely be a far better platform for that...

Anyway, the landscapes of FS are getting so beautifull that I would really enjoy using it in other that airplanes. Some places in FS9 are already great enough to enjoy a simple and short ride in a ground vehicule, I hope FSX will be even better, especially if the ground traffic is moving !

They also mentionned a new Adventure system, I just hope we'll have a mission system comparable to the one of Search and Rescue (the first one, the one and ONLY one  :D )

Now, for the submarines, don't dream. The world is still the same than FS9, so I think we still suffer that eternal problems:
- no higher than 100.000 feet,
- nothing under the water surface,
- crappy collision handling (by collision, I don't necessaryly mean 'crash', but also all the other kinds of contacts)
- crappy (out-of-domain) flight model,
- no real Harrier or Osprey flying,
- no real thermal system
... always the same limitations.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby simonmd » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:20 pm

Now there's a thought, where will it end?.........

The year is 2050,

"People of the world, fed up with work? fed up with worry? fed up with responsibility? fed up with the reality of life? BE UNHAPPY NO MORE as the United States of Microsoft launch, MS World Simulator!

Now you can walk down a peacefull street without getting mugged, get into any car you want and drive wherever you want, arrive at the local airport and take command of an ancient flying machine, like a Boeing 747-400 and fly to forgotten airports like Juliana International (before it was flooded by global warming) and then go swimming in the sea!"

2051, the world is on the brink of total devistation and famine as half of the worlds population die of starvation and sleep deprivation at their PC's. President Gates is linched and executed by angry housewifes.........

;) ;) ;D
This months's screenshot contest entry> http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1197692798
simonmd
Major
Major

Postby TacitBlue » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:30 pm

...However his head was attached to robot body that he already had built and planned to use when his real body finally died. He continued to rule the earth for another 250 years at which point aliens invaded and no one was able to do anything because they had all lost the use of their legs from sitting in front of their PCs their entire lives.

And on a serious note: I would be willing to bet that the FS team did something to make VTOLs work correctly in FSX.
A&P Mechanic, Rankin Aircraft 78Y

Aircraft are naturally beautiful because form follows function. -TB
TacitBlue
Major
Major

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:31 pm

Reminds me of a Red Dwarf episode where they get a game called "Better than life." Which you plugged into your brain and just fantasized.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SkyNoz » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:33 pm

Now there's a thought, where will it end?.........

The year is 2050,

"People of the world, fed up with work? fed up with worry? fed up with responsibility? fed up with the reality of life? BE UNHAPPY NO MORE as the United States of Microsoft launch, MS World Simulator!

Now you can walk down a peacefull street without getting mugged, get into any car you want and drive wherever you want, arrive at the local airport and take command of an ancient flying machine, like a Boeing 747-400 and fly to forgotten airports like Juliana International (before it was flooded by global warming) and then go swimming in the sea!"

2051, the world is on the brink of total devistation and famine as half of the worlds population die of starvation and sleep deprivation at their PC's. President Gates is linched and executed by angry housewifes.........

;) ;) ;D

Yah sounds right...lol hey, thinks for bringing up this topic Jehovah_of_Jive, many ppl wil reply to this with great ideas/comments etc. ;) Yah I would like to see my sim fully realistic with what the world brings....just got to remember first, if our average pc can handle this level of detail your talking about. ;D
Last edited by SkyNoz on Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Project Kfir!
My Gmax page
Aircraft modeler/Aircarft painter

Aye the key!
[GeneralEngineData]
//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=N
SkyNoz
Major
Major

Postby BFMF » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:12 pm

A virtual world platform ??? ::)

Who wants a life simulator? ::)

Sorry, that's the dumbest idea i've ever heard :-X
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SkyNoz » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:18 pm

A virtual world platform ??? ::)

Who wants a life simulator? ::)

Sorry, that's the dumbest idea i've ever heard :-X

I think Jehovah_of_Jive, is talking about both A virtual world platform/FSX, sry If I may be wrong. ;) ;D ;D
Last edited by SkyNoz on Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Project Kfir!
My Gmax page
Aircraft modeler/Aircarft painter

Aye the key!
[GeneralEngineData]
//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=N
SkyNoz
Major
Major

Postby n_richardson05 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:08 pm

first of all i have such little fath in humanity to think it will last another 250 years its unlikely unless there some great revolation or somthing

second the lights on the planes are still misterious glowing orbs attachted to the craft ;D

i think that at this point in video game development all of the big things have been solved. the changes today are in the details and clarity and i think thats what the pics highlite like the reflections and lighting are the most obvious thing at this point but the game is where we will really tell what game play features will be included what the campaign. but in the end i am very optomistick
big or small i like them all ...? that dosent sound right
slew mode dose not count as flying
737-700aholic
n_richardson05
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby TacitBlue » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:19 pm

but in the end i am very optomistick

Really?

first of all i have such little fath in humanity to think it will last another 250 years its unlikely unless there some great revolation or somthing

Doesn't sound like it. :P ;D
A&P Mechanic, Rankin Aircraft 78Y

Aircraft are naturally beautiful because form follows function. -TB
TacitBlue
Major
Major

Postby BFMF » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:38 pm

the game is where we will really tell what game play features will be included what the campaign.

I don't know about you, but I want a flight simulator, not a game ::)
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wealthysoup » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:30 am

Don't quote me on this but there could just be traffic in fsx if you look at the carpark you see some cars and what looks like a few more on the roads, altough i could be wrong, and they may not move, but they seem to be there. http://www.simviation.com/pageimages/simv_0021.jpg
My PC specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200 (@ 2.2ghz)
Asus K8v se deluxe motherboard
1.5gb pc3200 RAM
128mb palit geforce 6600gt
200gb+80gb hard drives
21 inch CRT
5.1 creative surround sound speakers
wealthysoup
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:56 am

If the realistic movement of zillions of vehicles on the roads, etc, is anything like a handful of air AI traffic in the sky and on the ground, then our PC's are going to grind to a standstill... ;)...!
My freeware roads add-on contains bits of static coloured material representing vehicles. Anything more realistic than that, involving movement, is going to reduce our framerates to zero...???
A lot of it is just wishful thinking... ;)...!
LOL...!

Paul...hoping for the ultimate realistic flight simulator.....but that's not going to happen...trust me... ;)...!
LOL...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam