Where does .agn go?

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: Where does .agn go?

Postby dave3cu » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Hard to say without the scenery package. Do you have a link to the download?

.agn (autogen) files go in a ..\\texture\ subfolder. They define the autogen for the scenery, often for custom or photo real terrain texture .bmps and would go in the same texture folder.

For addon scenery, they are usually in the correct folder or there are instructions on where to place them.

As for .xmls...don't have a clue without seeing the package.

Dave 
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby Opa » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Most xml files are not needed at all for scenery display - they were used when the scenery was created and are normally only used if one needs or wants to modify something.

I would recommend just keeping them with the package you downloaded and unzipped - for future reference if needed. They do not need to be placed in the scenery library anywhere.

.agn files are texture files - I have quite a number of them in payware scenery I have.
Last edited by Opa on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Opa" Marshall
Opa
Captain
Captain

Postby Opa » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Unfortunately, I've lost the link for the download in question. Will it work if I place all the files in 'Addon Scenery' ? :)

No -

When you unzipped the addon did it just have a bunch of files or did it create a folder with the name of the scenery and two subfolders - a scenery subfolder and a texture subfolder?

If it was just a bunch of files with no folders, then you need to create a new folder (name it whatever you wish) with a scenery and texture subfolder.

All bgl's would go in the scenery subfolder and all textures would go in the texture folder.

Then place a copy of the new folder (with it's two subfolders) into your Addon scenery folder and activate (add) the entry using the Scenery Library dialogue.

Hope that makes sense.
Last edited by Opa on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Opa" Marshall
Opa
Captain
Captain

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight