Real Air Traffic Control Transmissions..!

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Real Air Traffic Control Transmissions..!

Postby Fozzer » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:55 pm

If you have got used to listining to easy-peasy ATC in FS 2002/2004, then have a listen to this, REAL air traffic control transmissions, and tell me that your brain has not turned into pea soup while desperatly trying to land your little baby... :o...!
LOL...!

Click on "Sounds" in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
Try each of the "Real Audio Format" sound files... ;)...!
(It works fine with Windows Media Player).
Terrifying.... :-[...!
LOL...!

http://www.cessna150-152club.com/

Cheers all...!

Paul....ears still ringing... :'(...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Real Air Traffic Control Transmissions..!

Postby Scottler » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:03 pm

lol I learned so much from FS ATC...it's amazing.

If you google "Live Air Traffic Control", you'll be taken to dozens of sites that let you listen to major airport controllers with your handy media player, such as RealPlayer. ;D
Great edit, Bob.

Google it.

www.google.com
Scottler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Nexus » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:23 pm

I usually listen to the controllers at O'Hare and JFK Int.
Very professional with lots of traffic all the time.
Can't find the link, but I have it somewhere around here
Last edited by Nexus on Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nexus
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:27 pm

I suppose Air Traffic Control transmissions would be fine for anyone who is used to using land based mobile radios, (Come in, Rubber Duck)... 8)...!
But I find that by the end of the transmission I am left thinking..."..what was that again...".... ::)...?
When talking to someone in front of you, you notice an intake of breath first, so you are ready to receive the spoken word...
But, radio transmissions are instant, and quick, and generally incomprensible, leaving people like poor old Foz in a daze, wondering what on earth was said... ::)...!!
LOL...!

Cheers all...!

Paul..."...would you repeat that again please?..."... ::)...!
LOL...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Scottler » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:46 pm

Yes, but Foz..give it a few days or so and you'll be amazed how much of it actually makes sense! ;)
Great edit, Bob.

Google it.

www.google.com
Scottler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby VPA_KTPA » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:30 pm

Heres another live ATC site you can hear online.start it up minimize the page.and you have back ground chatter while you fly your sim.you can even see the aircraft on radar while they fly.
www.ATCmonitor.com
Last edited by VPA_KTPA on Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VPA_KTPA

Postby ReverseThrust » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:28 pm

This one is also very good.  I've listened to the KBOS tower stream before, and it is always very constient.
They also have a lot of 'coming soon' streams right now.
http://www.km3t.org/bosatc/
ReverseThrust
Major
Major

Postby WebbPA » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:26 pm

Thanks guys, I'm bookmarking those.

FWIW, here's a 10 minute delay video (no audio) of KBCT (Boca Raton, Florida) but if you zoom out you can see Ft. Lauderdale (KFLL) and Miami (KMIA).

http://www4.passur.com/bct.html
WebbPA
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jared » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:30 pm

hmmm...

When I was running FS2000 without ATC I ran an antenna up to the attic and pulled in live air traffic from the local airfield within about 50 miles..:-) (good antenna, radio shack radio..)

now that I have 2004 I don't listen to real traffic too much, mainly when i travel to school and am watching the real traffic...:-)
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby hanseu1 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:27 am

Hanseu1 - Denmark
hanseu1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:38 pm

Yes, but Foz..give it a few days or so and you'll be amazed how much of it actually makes sense! ;)

Hi Scott...!
I can cope with the bit that makes sense, it's the bit that I can't make sense of that's going to cause me to fly into someone else's arse, or someone else to fly into my arse, not to mention annoying the chaps in the tower... :'(...!
I've been flying with this ATC malarky for over 7 years now, and sorting my little bit of chatter out amongst all the rest of the chatter and background mush, doesn't get any easier... :o...!

..probably the reason why I fly in wild, un-inhabited desolate, places...most of the time... ;D...!

Cheers all...!

Paul.

P.S. I think what makes it difficult for us British chaps, (me!), is listening to rapid fire Americans with Texan accents using U.S. Air Traffic Control terminology... ::)...!
LOL... ;D..!
P.P.S.  ...sorry, I mentioned Texas again... :-[...!
LOL... ;)...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Craig. » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:46 pm

personally i have no problems listening to these, but thats because i used to listen to them hours at a time everyday. when you first start out the quickfire approach is difficult admitidly, it actually surprised me the first lesson i took when the controller at bristol took her time to go through the instructions. i was so used to listening to Boston or JFK and chicago running through 50 words a second because they are so busy, i wasnt expecting that:)
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Delta_ » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:07 pm

If only FS9 was so realistic.
Delta_
Major
Major

Postby svenpurple7 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:13 pm

If only FS9 was so realistic.

No kidding.  ATC has got to be one of the first things M$ addresses in FS10.  They probably will not only because that's what I would like.  >:(
svenpurple7
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Craig. » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:17 pm

there are various problems with making it realistic. Local accents, the differant procedures, and as has been discussed here the speed of which a controller talks, this especially would put the casual simmer off, for the simple fact it would take too much time to understand(no doubt a large market)
yes it would be nice for it to be more realistic but i wouldnt be expecting too much from the next installment,
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight