traffic on a new airport

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

traffic on a new airport

Postby disneyxd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:28 pm

here's the problem: i made a new airport, called: area x, location: unknown, somewhere in the mittle of the ocean, a military airport. i made it with Airport Design editor. the airport self looks AWSOME! and the vehicles are really driving, like fuel trucks and stuff like that, but the only thing i dont have, is military traffic planes. i downloaded justflight military traffic, still no succes. so, the question is: does somebody know, how the hell i get traffic on my airport. TNX and GRZ, disneyxd, apache pilot 26th betallion.
disneyxd
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: traffic on a new airport

Postby Jared » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:38 pm

you'll have to download and install adcad and create the taxiway pathways and parking. then you can google traffic tools which will allow you to create individual flight plans with different aircraft to visit your airport.
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby disneyxd » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:16 am

you'll have to download and install adcad and create the taxiway pathways and parking. then you can google traffic tools which will allow you to create individual flight plans with different aircraft to visit your airport.

thanks, i'll give it a shot. 8-)
disneyxd
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:57 am

You CANNOT edit ADE9X airports with AFCAD without having problems. More so, as I understand, Disnexd is using FSX, so trying to edit an airport with AFCAD (that never received upgrade above FS9) would make for other unpredictable errors to happen.

ADE9X has its own set of tools to define a runway, taxiways, nodes, radio frequencies and parkings. You should used those.
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby disneyxd » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:39 am

i am using ADE for FSX, but i dont have traffic on my airport. i want military traffic btw, i already have justflight military traffic 2, but still, only fuel trucks.
You CANNOT edit ADE9X airports with AFCAD without having problems. More so, as I understand, Disnexd is using FSX, so trying to edit an airport with AFCAD (that never received upgrade above FS9) would make for other unpredictable errors to happen.

ADE9X has its own set of tools to define a runway, taxiways, nodes, radio frequencies and parkings. You should used those.
disneyxd
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tgibson » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:54 pm

The short answer is that you have to *create* AI traffic for a given airport - it doesn't just "happen".  You create the plans using a program like AI Traffic Mover or other such program, then use a program like aifp to compile the plans.

Hope this helps,
---
Tom Gibson
CalClassic Propliner Page
http://www.calclassic.com
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:51 pm

I guess I should learn to read better myself. I thought you tried to define some AI for your airport and said AI just didn't appear... but Tom rises a valid question... you did define your very own custom AI traffic for your very own custom airport, right? :-?
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Steven Hernandez » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:09 am

good post
Steven Hernandez
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates