FSX users Gate Assignment

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

FSX users Gate Assignment

Postby headtrip » Tue May 31, 2011 10:36 pm

how do i assign a gate assignment to my ai aircrafts for fsx use only..anybody help? thanks
headtrip
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX users Gate Assignment

Postby dave3cu » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:31 am

For ai to use assigned parking, two conditions must exist:

1) The airport must have assigned parking spots. Assigned parking is created by adding codes to individual parking spots. Default airports do not have assigned parking. You can download/install an airport update that does or you can create assigned parking at an airport using the Airport Design Editor (ADE9X) program available here-http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/index.html-(Note: You can check an airport for assigned parking using ADE9X, but you must have the FSX SDK installed to save any changes.)

2) The aircraft must be configured for assigned parking. In the aircraft.cfg file add the following lines to the [fltsim.x] sections.

atc_parking_types=
Last edited by dave3cu on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby headtrip » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:44 pm

@dave3cu
thx for the response... using ade editor can assign the ai aircrafts in their respective gates?
headtrip
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dave3cu » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:44 pm

using ade editor can assign the ai aircrafts in their respective gates?

In ADE you can edit an airport and assign parking codes to individual parking spots.  Instructions are in the ADE help document.

Example: You could assign the code AAL (for American Airlines) to several gates.

You then have to edit the aircraft.cfg files (in notepad) for your American Airlines ai aircraft as I outlined above. Give them the atc_parking_codes=AAL.

ATC should then send your AAL ai to AAL gates.
Last edited by dave3cu on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby headtrip » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:29 am

thanks a lot, the bad thing is ADE cannot edit fsx files.
headtrip
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dave3cu » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:15 am

the bad thing is ADE cannot edit fsx files.

What 'fsx files' are you trying to edit?

With ADE9X can open and modify FS2004 and FSX airports.

Can you describe problem you're having when trying to open an FSX airport? Include what you are trying to open, the steps you used and any error messages you recieved.
Last edited by dave3cu on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby headtrip » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:57 am

now i can edit airports in fsx using ADE but when i trying to compile it, it says cannot find bgl.comp.exe. i try to install SDK on my FSX cd but still cannot compile.. can you help me please?
headtrip
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dave3cu » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:17 am

Was your SDK installation successful?

If it was......

In ADE click on the Settings menu and select Options. In the Program Options window click on the Folders tab and make sure paths for the SDK elements are correct.

[timestamp=1307025223]-Additional note: What ver. of FSX...Deluxe or Deluxe+Acceleration (or Gold)?
If it's Deluxe only and you have installed any Service Packs you should make sure you have the relevent SDK Service Packs installed as well.
Last edited by dave3cu on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby headtrip » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:05 pm

the installation of SDK is successful, im using FSX only, not deluxe or acceleration. was it that the problem?
headtrip
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dave3cu » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:32 pm

im using FSX only, not deluxe or acceleration

If you installed the SDK from the FSX dvd you must have FSX Deluxe Edition. The SDK cannot be installed from the FSX (Standard) Edition dvd.

The problem may be that you installed the SDK after installing ADE.

Run ADE9X Environment Checker and the New User Wizard. This will ensure you have everything
Last edited by dave3cu on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby headtrip » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 pm

im only have fsx standard, so thats the problem i cannot use ADE9x, any alternatives that i can use on editing airports?
headtrip
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dave3cu » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:46 am

I'm not aware of any free fsx airport editors that will compile your work without the SDK installed.

What airport(s) are you wanting to modify?..and for what ai?

If it's for real world ai airlines.....have you searched downloads to see if there may already be add-ons for the airport(s) that include assigned parking? If it's a larger airport it's quite possible.

You could do your parking assignments in ade, save the project file and find someone willing to run the project file thru the ade compiler for you. I'd be willing if it's only for an airport or 2. You can pm me.

There is a payware option: Flight1's AFX is a nice airport editor that works without the SDK.
Last edited by dave3cu on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby headtrip » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:48 pm

thanks again for the response,, but if i buy FSX Deluxe, or Acceleration, i can compile now the bgl files??
headtrip
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dave3cu » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Once you get the SDK installed, ade will be able to compile.

If you buy FSX Deluxe you can install the SDK.

I'm still a little confused as to what version of FSX you have. To clear up the confusion....

Run FSX and start a flight. Once the flight has loaded, on the top menu bar click on 'Help' and then 'About Microsoft Flight Simulator'. The 'About Flight Simulator' window will open.

In the window you should see a line that tells you what version you have. Below that you should see a version number.

Could you please post the information from those two line here.
Last edited by dave3cu on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby headtrip » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:21 pm

now i can edit airports using airport facilitator editor AFX. but one more thing how can i assign or edit the exit settings of aircraft.cfg for AI to enable the animation of the jetways.
headtrip
Ground hog
Ground hog

Next

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates