Weird AI Occurance

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Weird AI Occurance

Postby New Light » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Last edited by New Light on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Weird AI Occurance

Postby dave3cu » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 am

That is wierd that it would happened in 1 FS session (no scenery library update). Does ai re-appear if you fly a different ac?

Though I've never had or heard of this specific problem, here are a few thoughts.

Did you check your ai sliders?

Did either of the ac install scenery (that may have included ai traffic files)? If so, you might want to check your entire FSX directory (or remote scenery folders) for FS9 traffic files. AI Flight Planner can do that. http://members.shaw.ca/aifp/

Have you tried un-installing the 'problem' ac?

Out of curiosity, what are the 2 payware aircraft?

Dave
Last edited by dave3cu on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby New Light » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Last edited by New Light on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby New Light » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Ooooh Kaaay, I have good and "no" news...

The "no news" is that I still don't see any of my original AI traffic.

The good news is that My Traffic X seems to have been successfully installed and is working fine.

Here's some more wierd stuff... After the initial "no AI traffic" failure, I deleted just the FSX.CFG File (not the "text" file) and let FSX make a new file. The text file stayed intact afterwards and didn't seem to be a problem. Last night I tinkered around a bit more and I dicovered that the FSX.CFG text file had somehow rewritten itself in the last 36 hours without provacation of any sort ?!?! I figured it would have been rewritten immediately after the new FSX.CFG File was written - it seemed that the text file had a delayed reaction, err something. Anyway, I'll try removing both files from folder and see if FSX will rewrite both files. If not, I guess, yet another un/reinstall will be in order... I'll report back...

Semper Fi,

Dave 
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby New Light » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:22 am

Well... It's time for a un/reinstall... Aaaagain
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tgibson » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:27 pm

My guess is that one of the addons you installed recently included an FS9 traffic BGL file.  This (once loaded) will inactivate all of your other FSX traffic files.

Hope this helps,
---
Tom Gibson
CalClassic Propliner Page
http://www.calclassic.com
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby New Light » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Yeah, I think your right. I'm not sure how or where a traffic BGL would be placed to cause such an occurance. I looked in all the places I know to look, and neither aircraft comes with an add on scenery like Real Air's Scout with Bear Gulch scenery. Both are designed specially for FSX use too...  No telling... I've un/reinstalled FSX. I'll reinstall the suspect aircraft and let you know what happens.

Upon un/reinstalling FSX I discovered that there should not be an FSX.CFG File and an FSX.CFG text document. That's been in my AppData/...FSX folder for quite awhile, so I don't think that was a real issue...

Semper Fi,

Dave
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates