Does anyone have a copy of the old WOAI FedEX package?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Re: Does anyone have a copy of the old WOAI FedEX package?

Postby JBaymore » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:19 am

You probably do not want to post your email address in an open forum......... you are gonna get a ton of SPAM.

best,

..........john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby aircanadarox21 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:59 pm

OK but can you send it to me?
aircanadarox21
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby thaiphoon » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:26 am

Hi, I'm probably still the newest simviation registered member. I saw the posts here about the WOAI FedEx package. Is there anyone who could send me that pack, please? Thanks in advance.
thaiphoon
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Opa » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:09 am

Hi, I'm probably still the newest simviation registered member. I saw the posts here about the WOAI FedEx package. Is there anyone who could send me that pack, please? Thanks in advance.

Read this thread:

http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaB ... 1292247225

WOAI has asked those of us who have any of those packages not to share them.  It apparently makes it much harder for them to negotiate with authors for new models for those packages.

Most of us are honoring that request.
David "Opa" Marshall
Opa
Captain
Captain

Postby P-40_Warhawk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:42 pm

How odd.
Is the problem with obtaining rights to create a new, updated package, or is the problem with model makers rescinding the rights to their models for the existing package?
Some say my pinky toe was replaced with a fountain pen, and that I love to ride on nuclear bombs with a saddle. All I know is.... I'm called THE STIG!!!!
P-40_Warhawk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tgibson » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi,

The latter.
---
Tom Gibson
CalClassic Propliner Page
http://www.calclassic.com
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby P-40_Warhawk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:49 pm

::) Fantastic.
Oh well, nothing we can do about it I suppose. Unless somebody creates new models.

I have been away from FS for a couple years, good to see the politics of AI traffic are still alive and well.  ;D
Some say my pinky toe was replaced with a fountain pen, and that I love to ride on nuclear bombs with a saddle. All I know is.... I'm called THE STIG!!!!
P-40_Warhawk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jo1jo9 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Hey guys!  :)

I know, everyone is asking this question, but I still need the "old" Woai FedEx Package.
So could anyone be so kind and send it to me per e-mail?
Thx a lot
Jo1jo9  ;)
jo1jo9
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby P-40_Warhawk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Although I somewhat disagree with the whole situation, it is best if you do not ask to have the file sent to you.
The politics of AI package making can get pretty crazy, and if WOAI or MAIW or any other AI package maker is asking the people who love their files to please not share the files, then I really think asking for them on a public forum is not a good idea. WOAI is obviously asking this so that they can be put in a better situation in the long run.
Although I personally like the WOAI package better than the PAI package, the PAI FedEx package will do in a pinch. They are BOTH old packages, so instead of going behind the back of WOAI AND the model makers they are having problems with, lets support WOAI and honor their wishes. If we support them and they can work the situation out, I am sure updated FedEx and other deleted traffic packages will be some of the first things they work on.
Having just come back into FS, I too am missing the WOAI FedEx package, but I can wait, or use the PAI package for a while if it means more/better packages from WOAI in the long run.
Sorry for the semi-rant guys, I have been a part of AI package circles in the past with a well known group, and I have seen situations like this many times.
Last edited by P-40_Warhawk on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P-40_Warhawk
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jo1jo9 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Hey,

Thanks for your prompt answer!
So I'll just wait on the new package :)

Jo1jo9
jo1jo9
Ground hog
Ground hog

Previous

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates