World of AI

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

World of AI

Postby webberernie » Mon May 03, 2010 8:57 am

I'm sure this will be considered a really dumb question, but I have to ask. I am ever so slowly learning about all the little tidbits in FSX.....How to load freeware planes, helo's,scenery etc.. I am pretty good with most of that stuff but now am interested in this world of AI aircraft. I know they are planes that were installed by the developers to make the world more real. They are at various airports around the FS world. I would to add the correct planes and airlines to airports in my area. there seems to be alot of very confusing files concerning AI Aircraft. Is there a easy way of installing a couple of simple plane that take off and land somewhere without having to read a book on how to do it? any help would be greatly appreciated.  :)
webberernie
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: World of AI

Postby SeanTK » Mon May 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Here you go....

Download the installer:
http://www.world-of-ai.com/installer.html

Then download any package you wish, and have the installer handle it automatically.
http://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php
SeanTK

Postby Tech Diver » Mon May 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Since you are adding this to FSX you should be aware of a potential compatibility issue. Namely, WOAI traffic schedules are in FS9 format. They will work perfectly fine in FSX but as soon as any FS9 traffic is introduced to FSX, only the older format traffic will appear and all FSX traffic will ve disabled. The issue comes down to the fact that FSX can not display both types simultaneously. If you are OK with this, no problem. If not, there is a tool called AIFP (AI Flight Planner) that can open FS9 traffic files and save them in FSX format.

Peter
Tech Diver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby kagazi » Tue May 04, 2010 11:19 pm

FS9 and FSX schedules can coexist although in a very limited basis.

If you decide to keep the schedules in their native FS9 format I would suggest using AIFPC to fix the days of the week lag between FSX and FS9 as well as fix the FS9 airports that have either ceased to exist or changed ICAO codes since FSX.  You can keep the schedules in FS9 format and still perform the other two operations.

And while you're at it, check the wing_span = value in each Aircraft.cfg file.  A good resource is here: http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/F ... Values.htm
kagazi
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby webberernie » Wed May 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Thanks to you all for helping me. I will try the link you gave me.  :)
webberernie
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Andy7212 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:39 pm

After extracting/unzipping the WOAI package, it gives me an ENC file.

Then I try to use AIFP to convert the file, but I am not sure what I am supposed to be looking for (file type). Also, AIFP only lets me open files in some locations in C: (Windows 7).
Andy7212
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby SeanTK » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Don't extract the WOAI package. Just keep it the way it is after downloading, and select it with the installer.
SeanTK

Postby Andy7212 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:16 am

Don't extract the WOAI package. Just keep it the way it is after downloading, and select it with the installer.

Alright, thanks.

But I'm trying to convert they files into FSX format using AIFP. However, it will only allow me to access certain locations in C: and this does not include Users.

And also, should I convert the zipped file when using AIFP?
Andy7212
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:31 am

But I'm trying to convert they files into FSX format using AIFP. However, it will only allow me to access certain locations in C: and this does not include Users.

The logical answer would be to download/extract the files to a location that it can access.

I've not installed AI traffic to FSX so can't give further advice.

Edit: I've just successfully installed the WOAI EasyJet package to FSX. The WOAI Installer has a manual installation option. I extracted the files to a new folder I created on my C: drive named C:\FSX Traffic files\Easyjet
I then located the new Traffic_000_WoA_Easyjet_Su09.bgl & converted it for FSX with the latest AIFP. The converted BGL file can be saved to whichever location you wish before moving it to your FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery folder. (If you use this method don't forget to install the extracted AI aircraft.)

[glow=yellow,2,300]Note:[/glow] This works fine in WinXP. I have no knowledge of Vista/Windows 7.
Last edited by Hagar on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Andy7212 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks Hagar. I think I've figured out the problem. Windows 7 doesn't let you mess with stuff in C:\ so I can't open stuff in there via AIFP. However, AIFP can only access stuff in C:\, if I am not mistaken.
Andy7212
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby usapatriot » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Thanks Hagar. I think I've figured out the problem. Windows 7 doesn't let you mess with stuff in C:\ so I can't open stuff in there via AIFP. However, AIFP can only access stuff in C:\, if I am not mistaken.

Right Click on C:\ > Properties > Security and give permission to your user account to have full control over everything in C:\.
Antec 902 - i7 920 @ 4.0GHz - G.Skill 6GB DDR3 - Radeon 5870 1GB - Win 7 x64
usapatriot
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Andy7212 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Right Click on C:\ > Properties > Security and give permission to your user account to have full control over everything in C:\.

Ahhhh...beautiful. Thanks a lot :D I'm a bit of a fail at this kind of stuff :/

Yes, more questions...where do I find the .bgl file?
Andy7212
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby usapatriot » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Which BGL files? The one WOAI installs? It's in the Flight Simulator X folder under Scenery > World > Scenery.

Remember, not all the files in there belong to WOAI so don't modify anything that WOAI didn't put in there. The files labeled "Traffic_000_WoA....etc" tend to be the ones from WOAI.
Antec 902 - i7 920 @ 4.0GHz - G.Skill 6GB DDR3 - Radeon 5870 1GB - Win 7 x64
usapatriot
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Andy7212 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Which BGL files? The one WOAI installs? It's in the Flight Simulator X folder under Scenery > World > Scenery.

Remember, not all the files in there belong to WOAI so don't modify anything that WOAI didn't put in there. The files labeled "Traffic_000_WoA....etc" tend to be the ones from WOAI.

Sorry, maybe I should have made my question clearer: Where do I find the BGL files after I download the package?
Andy7212
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Sorry, maybe I should have made my question clearer: Where do I find the BGL files after I download the package?

Run the zipped package through the WOAI Installer. The new traffic BGL file will be extracted to your FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery folder unless you select manual installation & send it to a different location. It will be named something like Traffic_000_WoA_Easyjet_Su09.bgl

Now run the extracted BGL file through AIFP. Files > Convert FS9 Traffic Files to FSX
Select the "Add _FSX suffix to FSX Traffic Files" option. Click Convert
Choose a location to send the converted file to, then paste it into your FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery folder. Remember to delete the original FS9 BGL file. (This will have the same file name as the converted BGL without the _FSX suffix.)
Last edited by Hagar on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates