Where is my traffic?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Where is my traffic?

Postby Jase35 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:39 am

Anybody have any idea's why i haven't got any traffic?

I have installed using PAI and TT Tools,it seemed to install perfect,but i have no traffic at any of my airports?

Very strange!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am using FSX !
Last edited by Jase35 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jase35
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Where is my traffic?

Postby dave3cu » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:58 pm

The traffic files you installed are in FS9 format. While FSX can use FS9 traffic file, it will not use FS9 and FSX traffic files at the same time. If it sees an FS9 traffic file(s) it runs those files and ignores the default FSX trafficAircraft and trafficBoats (ships and ferries) .bgls.

Therefore you'll only have the FS9 (PAI) scheduled flights, and for those
Last edited by dave3cu on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby Rockwell500 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:50 am

Ok this is driving me nuts.  I'm trying to get these darn planes going and I can't with WOAI.  I have gone on their site and downloaded from MS the .netframe 2.0 that was needed.  As I was tring to get this downloaded, it stopped and stated that I have another version of .netframe on my PC.  So I went to delete that one and it was showing that I have .netframe 2.0 serivce pack1.  It would not let me delete from my PC cause it was tied to other programs. 

So how am I supposed to get this stuff going?   I do alot of flying so this would help out if anyone knows how to direct me.

Thanks JB
Rockwell500
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:57 pm

[quote]Ok this is driving me nuts.
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tyler012 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:13 pm

[quote]...will not use FS9 and FSX traffic files at the same time. If it sees an FS9 traffic file(s) it runs those files and ignores the default FSX trafficAircraft and trafficBoats (ships and ferries) .bgls.

Therefore you'll only have the FS9 (PAI) scheduled flights, and for those
Just a sample of my personal art.
Tyler012
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dave3cu » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Tyler,

Yes, as long as all WoAI traffic files are converted, you'll see both the WoAI and default traffic. Not sure what you mean by 'coincide'. You should not have default and WoAI ac flying the same schedule, unless by sheer coincidence. Every ai flight is on it's own fixed schedule. WoAI are on real world schedules, while the defaut are fiction.

One thing I forgot....when installing the 'Flightplan BGL converter'...it requires the installation of Java Runtime. If you don't have Java installed or prefer not to install it, another option is AI Flight Planner. It is a full function ai traffic file creator/editor/explorer. It has an auto-convert function. It requires .net 2.0, which you already have installed if the WoAI installer functions.

AI Flight Planner-http://members.shaw.ca/aifp/.

Note: once you convert traffic files, the WoAI Expert mode will not be able to show flight plan information. It can't read the FSX format. However, AI Flight Planner can give you all the info (airports, arrival/departures...etc.) for any traffic file.

Dave
Last edited by dave3cu on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby Tyler012 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Sorry, bad choice of words, I meant in general having default traffic as well as WOAI traffic.
Just a sample of my personal art.
Tyler012
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates