What do I need to create virtual traffic?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

What do I need to create virtual traffic?

Postby Tyler012 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:52 am

Self-explanatory. I live in a smaller town with an airport that serves primarily regional airline traffic, American Eagle, Continental Express, Delta Connection, and Southwest.  I love flying out of my home airport (who doesn't?) but I dislike only having AI Southwest traffic there.
    So I want to create a few flight plans for American Eagle, etc. So it feels a little more real.  I've already got the textures and the models, they were made for non-AI flight, I just want to know how to create some flight plans for them, or if there's anything that I need to do to make them AI-flyable. Guidance?
Just a sample of my personal art.
Tyler012
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: What do I need to create virtual traffic?

Postby Opa » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:30 am

[quote]Self-explanatory. I live in a smaller town with an airport that serves primarily regional airline traffic, American Eagle, Continental Express, Delta Connection, and Southwest.
David "Opa" Marshall
Opa
Captain
Captain

Postby Tyler012 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:06 am

Great, but are their versions of TTools and AFCAD made for FSX?
Just a sample of my personal art.
Tyler012
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dave3cu » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:23 pm

AI traffic files:

You can use TTools created traffic files in FSX with one gottcha.. if FSX sees FS9 files it will use them and ignore FSX format traffic files, meaning you will loose the default aircraft and 'ships and ferries' traffic (until you remove or convert the FS9 files).

Flightplan BGL Converter-auto
Last edited by dave3cu on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates