Ok Guy...last question..AFCAD

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Ok Guy...last question..AFCAD

Postby joey_d1119 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:21 am

Will new Afcad's negatively effect my World of AI packages?

Do I add them the same way you add new scenery in the add on folder then go in to the settings and specify?

Is there a list of AFCAD's or do i have to search in the down load sections?

Who makes the best out there?

joey_d1119
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Ok Guy...last question..AFCAD

Postby dave3cu » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:55 am

The amount of ai traffic an airport can handle is mainly dependant on the amount of parking available.

Afcads will generally improve ai traffic by providing more parking than the default airport layout so the airport can handle more ai traffic .

There are basically 2 types of Afcad design.

1-Afcads designed to work with the default airport scenery layout. These generally add parking (and other improvements) to allow more ai traffic.

2-Afcads designed to work with a specific 'custom' (more realistic) airport scenery layout.  These Afcads are generally included with the 'custom' airport scenery download.

The file description will normally state if the afcad is for default or a specific 'custom' airport scenery.

Where to add the files??.. That's a matter of personal preference. Any active scenery area will do. In my case.....

If it's a stand alone afcad, for default airport scenery, I have an active scenery area named 'Afcads' and place the file there.

If it's for a 'custom' airport I place it with the rest of the files for that 'custom' airport scenery.

A list of afcads??.. not that I know of, though this site may help in your search-http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php

Or search your favorite download sites for  the ICAO or airport name.

Dave

At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby gypsymoth » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:28 am

Couldn't he add his own extra parking using Afcad2.21..?
I thought I might have a go at doing it...... :-?
When the c**p hits the fan, get a tent.
gypsymoth
Captain
Captain

Postby Kevin Jarvis » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Of course you can.
AFCAD was meant for creating and editing.
You can add all the spots you want.
I fly

Kevin Jarvis
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates