CFS3 to FSX

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: CFS3 to FSX

Postby SkyHawk00 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:45 am

I was just wondering if there was any way to convert the CFS3 Ebon Hawk to an FSX compatible one. Now I'm wondering if there is a way to convert the .m3d, to .mdl
"...Burn the land, Boil the sea, You can't take the sky from me..."

"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. It is being able to throw oneself at the ground and miss"
SkyHawk00
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garryrussell » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:08 am

No the one you mention would have been rebuilt using the source files not an existing model converted which is what the thread is about.

Even with source files you can't convert as such only replace some bits, change the way animations works and a whole host of things that really means only the basic, dead, untextured shape is re used.

BTW models should not be edited of changed in any way without the express permission of the author.

Unless of course the models source code is made available for such purposes, but mostly it is not.
garryrussell
Captain
Captain

Postby snake36bravo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi. Im a green apple here but I do design work and repaints. My fix is rotary wing so sorry to all you fixed wing jockeys ;D

Over Flanders Fields is a great example of taking CFS3 to a whole new level. It is possible and that's what I'm gunning for in developing a Gunships over Vietnam add-on for CFS3.

There are learning curves to everything and I've learned in development to never say never. You just have to try and try again. Most of the wheel was already invented. Cant share screens yet but I'll get there.
Installed:
CFS / CFS2 / CFS3
FS9 - FSX
Over Flanders Fields
IL2 Forgotten Battles
ARMA II
Silent Hunter III
FS Design Studio
GMAX
After Effects CS4
snake36bravo
Ground hog