If you'd have a chance to replicate and add things to the VC of the 737-800?

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: If you'd have a chance to replicate and add things to the VC of the 737-800?

Postby hyperpep111 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:59 pm

that isn't the default microsoft one... :-?

Fsx has a default FMC :-?. I think that is the freeware honeywell FMC. Am i right Alex?
But I have a natural aversion to flying long (boring) hauls with planes that do not have enough "bells and whistles" e.g The Libardo Guzman Concorde has a cabin to go and greet the passengers the Rollus Mirage has lots of buttons to push and lots to play with. 8-) And your citation has buttons to push and passenger views to go into and experience first class service 8-)
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Re: If you'd have a chance to replicate and add things to the VC of the 737-800?

Postby alrot » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:01 am

its a replica ,I'm using the textures ,for free, for the good of others and myself,

ask not what your FSX can do for you ask what you can do for your FSX

8-)
Last edited by alrot on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby jetprop » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:00 pm

its a replica ,I'm using the textures ,for free, for the good of others and myself,

ask not what your FSX can do for you ask what you can do for your FSX

8-)

so you just used textures?
so it doesn't have a fmc by default so WHY are you saying to everyone it does?
if you still say the default 737 has a FMC i will show you a picture of my default 737...
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:22 pm

so you just used textures?
so it doesn't have a fmc by default so WHY are you saying to everyone it does?
if you still say the default 737 has a FMC i will show you a picture of my default 737...

what exacly do you NEED to know? and It wasn't my intention to call the Default 737 IT WILL BE THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE DEFAULT 737 that's what I mean

I also make switch the screens LCD
the knobs are working now  too

Last edited by alrot on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby jetprop » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:25 pm

oh so you are modding it?
oops,should've read more carefully probably...
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:32 pm

oh God! that word doesn't show in my dictionary  :-/

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby hyperpep111 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:45 pm

oh God! that word doesn't show in my dictionary
Most people think that flying a plane is dangerous, except pilots because they know how easy it is.
Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.
hyperpep111
Major
Major

Postby alrot » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:51 pm

[quote]

It's slang for "Modify"
v. mod

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby fcerven » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Great to see someone has the talent and interest to upgrade the default FSX 737 panel.
fcerven
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby alrot » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Great to see someone has the talent and interest to upgrade the default FSX 737 panel.  Here are my suggestions over and above those already submitted.

The HSI controls to the left of the autopilot could use improvement. When you press the buttons for airports, Vor, NDB, TCA, etc.  They should all show, not just the one selected.

The autopilot should have a backcourse (BC) button.

If not already asked for, the Smith FMC should be added to the panel.

The overhead panel could have more systems activated and intergrated to allow some startup simulation.

And lastly, can we get windshield wipers?

Am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Just another request.  Could you also do this for the 747.  It needs this more than the 737.

Thanks a million.

Good Post !,this is the kind of post I need :)

I already set and fmc ,It also have wipers ,many buttoms and swiches are now working in the upperpanel (still many to figure it out what they do ,I'm looking where is the Avionics master switch??)

You also gave me and Idea to what to add It will be the BC button thanks  ;)

I was about to post another Pic but I don't want to fill the thread with too many Jpgs

the gauge HSI display system control ,I think works well already

please take a look the previews pics and watch it closely

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Daube » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:17 am

Alejandro, about the wipers: Do you think you could add some rain effect to this 737 ?
I'm thinking about a texture that would appear on the windows when it's raining.

If the wipers are OFF, then you show a semi-transparent texture that is hard to see-through.
If the wipers are ON (no matter the speed), then you show a semi-transparent texture which is clean in the area where the wipers pass.

This was done like that in the Goose by Lynn and Bill Lyons back in the FS9 days for example. Also in the Super Frelon helicopter by Dirk Fassbender for FSX.

I think this effect could be achieved with a simple gauge. What do you think ? That would be great for immersion. And since you made the wipers functionnal, it would be nice to make them usefull as well  :)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby alrot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:41 am

Le Stephane

I would have to see how that texture works in some of the old FS9 ,I see that in 2d panel shows in FSX that effect ,I'm not so sure if it can be applied in the VC

Do you know where is the avionics switch you told me ,where shoulld I put it ?

You need to tell me above all where should I put these things ,the guy above is right ,we need to make and entire cold start up simulation ,I think is completed in the md-83

the Slat panel in the Upper Console ,that's how it comes in the default gauges ,Its not working properly

Alex
Last edited by alrot on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Daube » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 am

I have answered you PM for the avionics, take a look at the video I linked as well ;)
Basically, it seems the avionics will turn on automatically as soon as your APU GEN is set to ON.

Concerning the rain effect, I don't know if it's possible to use the default one at all. I'm not a modeller so I don't know the techniques very well, but what I've seen in the past consisted in two solutions:

- the windows were in fact panels, on which you can display gauges. Here, instead of displaying a classic gauge with numbers and needles etc... you just display a picture showing some water drops, or anything that blocks the vision of the pilot. Then, when the wipers are turned ON, the texture gets replaced by another one, similar but with a clean part where the wipers pass.

- a 3D flat object was standing in front of the window. This object showed the same texture as above... basically it's the same technique, excepted that you display the "wet window gauge" on this object instead of showing it directly on the window...
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby alrot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:22 am

Forget about the VC rain  :o when Bill L said Its impossible its because it is  :o

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showth ... p?t=120921

Venezuela
alrot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Daube » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Alejandro, the default rain effect is not possible.
But a custom rain effect is. As I said, look for example at the Super Puma from Dirk Fassbender:

It's not animated rain like the default FS9 one (I wish). It's a fix image but it's enough to make the usage of wipers mandatory. When the wipers are OFF, then the texture doesn't have that transparent part in the middle anymore, you almost can't see through.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design