Tips 4 a beginner?

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Tips 4 a beginner?

Postby ryanmaclean » Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:11 pm

Hi guys I would say i know the basics now, iv tried modeling a boeing 737-400(didnt go well) and have made other little things aswell which i wont bother going into, anyway does anyone know a good plane to start off with, one without to much detail but i can still be proud of when i finish - sorry IF I FINISH, and if u guys could chuck in some blue prints 2 or a link to some maybe.  And if u guys have got any tips 4 a newbie im all ears. Cheers 4 ne help.
ryanmaclean
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Tips 4 a beginner?

Postby Felix/FFDS » Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:54 pm

For lilnks to images/3-views, plans, etc., check the Simviation Design Resources - that's a short way of saying there are a bunch of places out there..!

While you don't say which program you're using to build your models, if it is gmax, you may want to try doing the Hugh Shoult's tutorial - you'll get a decent plane out of it!

A neat plane that has good features, is the Henschel HS132 jet fighter prototype ...  featured in the Charles Blain's Historical pages accesible from the Simviation main menu...  it's an teardrop shaped body, with an engine pod on top, twin fin/rudder, with a glazed nose.
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design