Plane finished but textures not good!

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Plane finished but textures not good!

Postby guimero » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:13 pm

Hi I have almost finish with my plane and here it is. I am quite  :) cause is my first plane that I do for FS2002 and is looking good.

The only problem is the textures when I export the model into FS2002 Why do they look so crap!!!! :'(
Have a look in the picture below, can anyone give me a hand with this?
and this is how it looks in FSDS2 much better.
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Plane finished but textures not good!

Postby BMan1113VR » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:54 pm

awsome plane, sorry i can't help :(
Sincerely,
Me

SimV NFL 2006-2007 Season Pool Co-Champion (157-99; 9-2)
SimV NFL 2005-2006 Season Pool Co-Champion (163-93)
SimV NFL 2004-2005 Season Pool Champion (1
BMan1113VR
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby guimero » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:35 am

Do you guys think that is to do with the structure of the fuselage? Or my quality of textures?

My fuse is done using a cylinder with 5 cross sections with 32 points each, and then I clik on "check parts". Is this alright? The material properties are set as default.

And then the textures I have done them with corel draw. It is a 1024X1024 8bit with a relution of 72. Is this alright?

I wnat my textures to look nice and smooth. :'( :( HELP
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ICE/GfORCE Team » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:45 am

I think it is a problem of FS, FS has auto antialias for the textures, that makes the textures look a bit blurry, if you want this not to happen do another texture for the top of the plane...

bye

Alex
[link=http://www.simviation.com/gforceteam/index.html]Image[/link]
Athlon XP 1600+, 512 ram(soon 768 ram or 1 Gram), Geforce 2 mx400 64Mb AGP2X(soon Geforce 4 mx440 64Mb AGP 4X) and Maxtor 720
ICE/GfORCE Team
Captain
Captain

Postby guimero » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:01 pm

Hi I have aplied a top texture and works fine. The only thing is that I can't get the texture for the top right. The windows are at the midel of the fuse ad they become all blury.

Is there any way of playing a white texture to the top and that aply one to the right that will overwrite the top one? For example if apply the texture to the right and then the top, the top one wil overwrite the right one. Well I just need the opposite. :)

HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Felix/FFDS » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:12 pm

if you're not going to make any more adjustments to the fuselage "parts", the you can split off the "top" polygons into their own part (fuselage_top) and texture it that way.

Hi I have aplied a top texture and works fine. The only thing is that I can't get the texture for the top right. The windows are at the midel of the fuse ad they become all blury.

Is there any way of playing a white texture to the top and that aply one to the right that will overwrite the top one? For example if apply the texture to the right and then the top, the top one wil overwrite the right one. Well I just need the opposite. :)

HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby guimero » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:28 pm

Felix I Have just done that. It works better now. Though you can see that there are two parts in the fuselage the top and bottom, specially when I move the plane and the incidence of the sun moves, but well ::) this way is better.  :)

It was quite frustating to put all this effort into doing the model and then seeing that it looks crap because of the textures.

Thanks guys. I will put pictures of my plane again when it is conpletly finished. I am still waiting for the landing gear!!!!!!!! :o The guys designing the plane have some difficulties with the C.G.
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ICE/GfORCE Team » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:37 pm

if you're not going to make any more adjustments to the fuselage "parts", the you can split off the "top" polygons into their own part (fuselage_top) and texture it that way.

that was just what i was trying to explain, felix you are better with words
[link=http://www.simviation.com/gforceteam/index.html]Image[/link]
Athlon XP 1600+, 512 ram(soon 768 ram or 1 Gram), Geforce 2 mx400 64Mb AGP2X(soon Geforce 4 mx440 64Mb AGP 4X) and Maxtor 720
ICE/GfORCE Team
Captain
Captain

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design