flight Dynamics?

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

flight Dynamics?

Postby guimero » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:40 am

Hi there I have finally finish my plane with FSDS, and now is time to make it fly.

I just would like to check a few things with  you guys as this is the first time I am doing this.

From what I have read the "best way" to set up the flight dynamics is first edit the .cfg file with notpad instead of using the FSedit that will mess up the .air file. And then edit the air file with one of the editors available. I think I am going to use the FDE one. not to sure yet. Any suggestions?

What do you think guys? Is this the way that you will do it? I have to say that I have only one week left to do this. But I have knowledge with all the aero terms as I am currently on my last year of Aeronautics + plus I have lots of data of the plane I am doing.

I just feel like this thing of setting the flight dynamics into FS2002 is a bit of a "black art". That air file seems a bit nasty. ::)

:)
guimero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: flight Dynamics?

Postby Felix/FFDS » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:29 pm

With only one week to go, and if you're not reasonably proficient with the vagaries and intricacies of the various air file and cfg file sections and their effects, just go with FSEdit and tweak it as best you can.

For the novice flight dynamicist, FSEdit may be the easiest way to go.

For the hardcore nutcase .... you want something like AirEd, for the air file ... Notepad for the cfg file.

the 1% site (check the latter postings in "flightsim modelling programs topic) has an excellent set of spreadsheets and utilities that will write into the config file.

I don't think that there is one "best" way to go through the flight dynamics.

I like Aircraft Container Manager, and Aircraft Airfile Manager for my (limited) ventures into flight dynamics - and I admit I haven't studied that aspect of the flightsim modelling "science"...
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design