Ground Objects that wont shoot.

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Ground Objects that wont shoot.

Postby jacoby » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:15 am

I notice that many armed ground objects  (AAA, destroyers, etc...) will spend the majority of a mission not shooting at opponents.  They don't seem to be willing to shoot when they are (themselves) too close to other friendly ground objects.

Is there any way to get ground objects to overcome their reluctance to shoot--besides spatially distancing them from each other in the .mis file?
jacoby
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Ground Objects that wont shoot.

Postby H » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Hmn... I've frequently noticed the opposite -- "gun damaged AA," etc. However, they are supposed to cease fire when an ally is in their sights. I edited the dp for some ships last year and they're pelting me big time (especially the BattleCruisers) when I get into their line of fire; the damage profile (for scenery objects these are located in the objects_dp folder) also contains the shooting angles and the 'activation' range (how far away an opponent is before it starts shooting). There are some dp editorials around but, should you try that route, you may still have to play with the dp entries a bit to get the response to your liking.

Other than that, in the case of ground gunnery, you can try my old method of placing more than one unit on the same spot, each facing a different angle.

8-)
Last edited by H on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator