High Alpha

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

High Alpha

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed May 24, 2023 1:17 pm

my next work... 3 modified liveries... modified cockpit textures...
the work is ALREADY finished.. I'll upload more photos tomorrow.
(if you guess what plane it is... I'll upload the textures THAT same day) <<s

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: High Alpha

Postby hertzie » Wed May 24, 2023 2:35 pm

Hawker Hunter F Mk.8?

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed May 24, 2023 7:28 pm

hertzie wrote:Hawker Hunter F Mk.8?

hertzie

Wow!!! ...the resemblance is identical....seen from behind....
I am sorry to tell you that it is not that one....the one that appears in the photo is another plane.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu May 25, 2023 3:26 pm

Good afternoon!
As promised, I will show the photos of the finished work...
the project is the FREEWARE DASSAULT MYSTERE IV (by RESTAURAVIA) for fsx

everyone talks about the big famous fighters... the f-86 this, the mig-15 that... but no one was talking about the forgotten mystery iv...
speaking specifically about real planes... we know from a lot of knowledge that the F-86 was more "complete" (systems, pilots, cooperation, training, aids, internal systems, communications) than the MIG-15 (in turn the mig it maneuvered better, and had heavier weapons) (...although at the same time, an encyclopedia said that, in a burst of fire of so many seconds...the sabre "delivers" more bullets, while the mig per having heavier bullets, it fired less quantity......that is, the sabre fired a stream, and with the mig you had to be more precise, besides it had less ammunition) (sorry for my bad English...I'm using google translate :D )
Anyway... the discussion about which plane is better... is infinite, but...
What would happen if we put pilots WITH THE SAME ABILITIES, and we would face them... who would win? My rules would be a "4 VS 4", (two red leaders, two blue leaders, one wingman for each leader)
F-86 SABRE VS MIG-15
And also I add to the great forgotten of the "pre-supersonic" era:
MYSTERE IV
hawker HUNTER
f9f cougars
f-84 thunderstreak
saab tunnan
saab lansen
I do not add to the mig -17, to the f-100, or "improved" versions of other models, nor versions that give a greater advantage such as radar (F-86D is not allowed). ....I think even the hunter is over powerful...(on level with a mig 17 or more maybe)

what do you think? In a 4 vs 4, which model would win? (the winner goes on to fight with the next model) (equal pilots) (obviously only with internal weapons... no missiles)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu May 25, 2023 3:49 pm

sorry for going off topic... going back to fsx model...
restauravia made a decent model (for those years)... they have interesting characteristics (such as the engine shutting down if it spends too much time in NEGATIVE G) (it happens often <<s ) ..and more details in the cabin and systems.... in In this sense, it is an interesting model (on a par with the f8 SABER sector... maybe :think: ) (mystereIV is native fsx)... although the years are somewhat noticeable.

The problem is that there are no textures made by anyone (repaints)...I searched by sea and land for textures for the mysteryIV...I didn't find anything...so I worked with the original textures that come with the model.
This is what I did as a base for the 3 liverys:
(I can't say that it "improves" the work done by restauravia, I only "modifies")

-converted all "gray" surfaces...to a true gray (they originally had a pinkish tint)
-delete all reference to air forces, or license plates
-spec files, and alpha layers were also turned gray
-change the drawing of the FLAPS (seriously... compare it with the original)
-changed the texture of the exhaust nozzle completely (seriously...compare it with the original)
-paint in dark gray some surfaces, covers, and marks of the fuselage, and wings (some fictitious)
-wheels, turbine air intake and other details are now darker
-THE VC... change some textures for simpler ones, and remove "too bright" colors for more subdued ones (clothes)
-and more things that I forgot.

Finally, three textures, in order they appear: AIR SUPERIORITY RED, TACTICAL BLUE, and EVALUATOR ORANGE

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu May 25, 2023 3:53 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:19 am

Well... as I said above... being in 2024, this model seems somewhat dated (although VERY well made)... I simply modified textures (I don't think I can say "improved"). This package is not a big modification, nor is it a project that was a priority for me (I assume there will be no updates or modifications to this package). The package is ready to publish. (I suppose that during the day it will appear on the main page) <<q <<q

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:53 am

sorry...forgot this one
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase