Douglas Force,Part 6: Super Gooney

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Douglas Force,Part 6: Super Gooney

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed May 24, 2023 12:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erJTsWHqxKE
hello everyone! <<q ... I came back, there were many problems, delays, lack of desire, overwork etc ... etc
This is the penultimate part of the douglas series....so when I have everything ready...I'll release the textures here in simviation.

the C-117D, the SUPER Gooney...personally, together with the BASLER, the "117" is the most beautiful of all the douglas...the 117 seems to me more beautiful than even the original dc-3 (speaking of shapes )...in addition to having a modern and more accessible cockpit to make a checklist, find buttons...etc
unfortunately... it is the model to which liverys painters have paid least attention... (there are many, but less than the dc-3... and few caught my attention)... there may be an explanation of that the 117 IS NOT SO FAMOUS that its brother dc-3 ... seems to be that it appeared in the twilight of the dc-3, end of the war ... (when it came out, they were already thinking about the dc-4 .... and four-engine freighters...the jet age was coming).

So... I ONLY managed to make 5 modified liverys... of which I'm still not satisfied at all... since they don't have as much "soul" as the dc-3's. but I can't make any more modifications so this work is FINAL and FINISHED.
the first 3 are: POLISHED METAL, EX MILITARY, and GRAY - BLUE

POLISHED METAL LIVERY
(thanks to "Tom Tiedman" for his beautiful private livery, all credit for this texture goes to him) <<q
...obviously, there must first be an unbranded, "everyone" version, a classic glossy grey.
-added ALL the detail improvements from the dc-3 to this texture (minus the bumps...unfortunately there are no such things for the c-117d)
-changed the propellers, added white-red stripes, and metallic shine
-modified and darkened engine cylinders,
-added details of security marks
-added some ribbons / stripes at the top of the tail
-and in general I added a lot of shine to the entire fuselage and wings...and I removed all shine from where it shouldn't be (anti-reflective paint, blue tapes...etc)

nothing more... there is not much more to say, really little more can be done since there are so few texture designs, or new details in other liverys that I can add, besides that the "117" has more current designs than the "old" designs of the dc-3 (I mean the paint designs of the 40s...vs the modern ones).
this (the fact that few changes and little "personality") is something that drags down the other liveries (and I regret it since the "117" is one of my favorite planes in FSX)

EX-MILITARY LIVERY
(thanks to "JANKEES" (Jan Kees Blom) for his beautiful livery, all credit for this texture goes to him) <<q
...this is where I ran out of ideas and had work burnout... :doh:
simply to the typical livery of the air force (or navy in this case) I did:
-I added all the texture modifications mentioned in the other liveries,
-I chose black propellers, and matte color
-remove all reference to the air force, or navy (logos, letters..etc)
-and finally I added a checkered ribbon on the tail.

LIVERY GRAY-BLUE (or grey-white-blue...or gray with blue stripe...call it what you want)
(thanks to "baernhard" for his beautiful livery, all credit for this texture goes to him) <<q
..the point is that it should be blue...what I liked is that the base of the plane has dark gray marks...(it belonged to the RAF)...and the details of oil stains, and the use gives it They give a touch of "wear"....it was a very hard job to remove the logos of the raf on the fuselage...I added details on the propeller, ribbons on the tail, the vertical rudder in gray...shine here and there , and that's it... the plane seemed beautiful to me from the beginning so I don't need many modifications.

as I said many times... my idea was always that the liverys (of ANY plane) be "for you", that you have the feeling that you are the owner... or that after a long life operating in airlines or air forces ...these planes are retired (logos and lettering removed) and now fly privately. (I never liked flying with an airline sign on my back)
there are 2 more liverys to show... it will be in the next and LAST publication of douglas force.

enough talk...here are the photos (in order they appear: "polished metal", "ex-military" and finally "gray-blue")
greetings.

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Douglas Force,Part 6: Super Gooney

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed May 24, 2023 12:59 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Douglas Force,Part 6: Super Gooney

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Wed May 24, 2023 1:10 pm

I forgot to mention 2 things... an anecdote and a photo :doh:

the anecdote
... I didn't know that "ernie" could sing... (yes, the co-pilot of the dc-3 and the c-117d)... when you have their warnings activated... it helps and warns about certain things about the flight (checklist, flaps, engine temperatures...etc...it's something excellently done)
...the c-117 was flying to take these pictures... when (in the middle of the flight, and selecting the VC) HE BEGAN TO SING!!!... I yelled "what the F...!!! !" :shock: :lol: ...I suppose that in the dc-3 it will also do it (since it is almost a copy of the same files towards the c-117)

the photo
the patch for the C-117D... just like the basler, and the dc-3 can make a cockpit patch for it. here the photo
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase