commercial airplane freeware recommendation

FSX including FSX Steam version.

commercial airplane freeware recommendation

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:11 pm

hello, everyone...
I am looking for two commercial aircraft...the Boeing B737-700 and the Airbus A319 (in real life they are direct competitors)
it must be freeware

but there are so many models, and some have bugs or texture failures...i don't know which one to choose...(some 777s when turning on the cabin lights...have a black texture stripe....other b737s have the badly resized screens...same thing some airbus)

By the way, note that the a330 and a340 models do not have transparent windows in the cockpits, (as if the a320 had them...you can see a reflection) in these a330-40 you can see the sky as if there were no glass. (you can move the camera through the glass and there is no change)

I want to clarify something... I don't want to criticize anyone's work, all of you contribute a lot and I thank you for all this world of mods for fsx.

...going back to the subject... there is a model a319 called "project airbus" with better screens, and buttons (the autopilot is VERY different in its handling than usual)...
and about the 737... I don't know any that have that level.

any suggestion or recommendation of a 737-700 and a319?
I would appreciate it very much.

Cheers
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: commercial airplane freeware recommendation

Postby Daube » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:45 pm

As far as I remember, when it comes to freeware, your choice is very limited anyways.
Project Airbus was the best choice for Airbus models, but if I remember correctly, it was not easy to find the correct, complete packages. It was many years ago when I last tried, but on the Project Airbus main page, many aircraft didn't have a virtual cockpit, only 2D panels... or they were using the virtual cockpit of the default Airbus, which is even worse somehow.
There was one guy who did a very high quality addon to improve the Project Airbus A320, starting with a 2D MCDU... but later on, it extended to a big part of the systems, with integration in the virtual cockpit model as well.
You should look for the A320 packages that mention the following authors: Project Airbus, Francois Dore and Bjoern Kesten.

Concerning the Boeing 737, the only project I had seen back in my FSX days, was the improved virtual cockpit by Alrot (Alejandro Rojas), which was bringing an improved virtual cockpit with a generic FMC inside.
Maybe in the meanwhile other projects, aimed at enriching the systems and FMC, appeared in the freeware world but I'm not aware of them.

However, if you are really craving for a freeware 737 with high level of realism including for the systems, I would recommend you to switch to XPlane11 with the famous "Zibo" 737 addon, which basically makes it one of the most realistic 737 ever made, beside the PMDG payware one of course. I'm not sure if it's a -700 variant though, I don't remember sorry. But definitely worth a look anyways.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:07 pm

Thank you for your comment...

any link where i can start? (a319)
(I suppose that these "projects" are scattered in blogs, development forums, etc.)

about the 737-700... the latest models of "evans" (without offending or demeaning his work) are not the same as the previous ones he did... (I mean 3-4 years ago) screens and panels are very "different".

thank you very much for answering me
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:42 am

For the Airbus, I do not know which one is the latest version of their work, but I suppose this package might be a good start.

Project Airbus A32x family FD-FMC V2.0 (Category: FSX > Civil Jets)
Zip file preview
478.58Mb (3525 downloads)
Project Airbus A32x family FD-FMC V2.0. This package includes Project Airbus A318 A319 A320 A321 aircrafts with FD-FMC panel and a new advanced Virtual Cockpit. FD-FMC is a Freeware FMC system, provided with more than 500 airports database, including SID, STAR and approaches. FD-FMC use true vertical navigation mode. Many advanced systems have bee added as FCAS, Terrain radar..... Please, note that AIR files are specific to work with FD-FMC. Do not change AIR files provided. New VC includes HD textures. This new version of FD-FMC includes a new realistic FMC gauge, in the VC and with a 2D window. Project Airbus, Francois Dore, Bjoern Kesten
Posted Oct 28, 2019 04:43 by admin

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=11&y=12

To find it, i just triggered a search in the Simviation library for "Francois Dore", and proceeded to parse the returned results.
Be aware that their FMC/MCDU is improved but still very limited as it only knows about a very small amount of airports. I suppose these are major airports so it should be complete enough to perform interesting real-world lines anyways.

If you want something more complete than this, you would have to switch to payware, with for example the Airbus packs from Aerosoft which are a very good quality/quantity/price ratio.
However, these complex aircraft can be very heavy on the FPS...

Another option would be to switch to MSFS, in which the default A320 has a very nice freeware mod by the "FlyByWire" group, that makes it very, VERY good. But that would be an A320, not an A319 :/
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:14 pm

Sorry for not responding to these replies...
now I find tons of models (737) (some hard to find)

I have VERY VERY important questions about the 737 (and its models, physics, etc)
specifically speaking of models -700 or higher (-800 or 900)
I saw 3 models: the POSKY 737, the TDS 737, and the EAGLE ROTORCRAFT 737)

I know what you're thinking...the eagle rotorcraft is usually between the 300-500 models...but there's a NG version here:
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... ck&x=0&y=0
can't get it to work... anyway...

Does anyone know the difference between these models, between physics, realism to fly? (physics, flight range, animations, gauge programming, xml, .....etc)...or whatever you think is better than the other...
speaking about the -700 model, it is very difficult to find a model with "EYEBROWS" (they are the upper windows in the cockpit....since the vc has those windows, I would like my model to have them) any recommended?
edit: 737-700 with "eyebrows", and that it is not version C (cargo model)

<<r
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:21 pm

Okay....
I have chosen as a project to work on improving (drum roll)....

to the BOEING B737-700 and the AIRBUS A 319 (from tds and project airbus)
here's a preview (just a texture...not systems):

I will make a complete thread about the tds 737-700...and a319
why I chose that model, and how to improve textures....
and in the end... try to have in all aspects the 737 closest to the real one (within what can be done in fsx, and TDS, and alrot's vc default)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:57 am

I think... I think...
the base package of the project airbus A319 is not available in simviation...
There is the 318, 320,321... and the a32x (which also includes the 319)
but it is not as a separate package.

I also have a BIG confusion, giant confusion...
there are large quantities of panels, fmc, md...etc... some called
1.55 (for all packages and models)
V2 (for all packages and models)
v3 (ONLY for 318 and 321) :shock: :shock: :shock:

questions....where do I find the MOST updated version of the beloved AIRBUS A319? (3-1-9 only that one)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam