Google Earth photogrammetry

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Google Earth photogrammetry

Postby cevans » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:41 am

Anyone heard of the possibility of Google Earth photogrammetry in P3D?
cevans
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Re: Google Earth photogrammetry

Postby shermank » Sat May 15, 2021 12:31 pm

My guess is that it is not going to happen...

Sherm
shermank
Ground hog
Ground hog
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:50 am

Re: Google Earth photogrammetry

Postby cevans » Sat May 15, 2021 12:55 pm

It would be helpful if you can explain why you say that?
After all you can already add google earth view to P3D
cevans
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Re: Google Earth photogrammetry

Postby shermank » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:07 pm

cevans wrote:It would be helpful if you can explain why you say that?
After all you can already add google earth view to P3D


I use Google Earth view in LNM, but how do you add it to P3D? THANKS

SHERM
shermank
Ground hog
Ground hog
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:50 am

Re: Google Earth photogrammetry

Postby striker » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:02 am

shermank wrote:
cevans wrote:It would be helpful if you can explain why you say that?
After all you can already add google earth view to P3D


I use Google Earth view in LNM, but how do you add it to P3D? THANKS

SHERM



Something I would like to see too. I did have it running in FSX but now I've upgraded to P3D and have not been able to make it work
User avatar
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2002 3:18 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Google Earth photogrammetry

Postby cevans » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:32 am

Well I'm thinking of caving in and going against my heart and buying TrueEarth. I'm no payware fan by any means but P3D is missing something big and scenery is it.
cevans
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Re: Google Earth photogrammetry

Postby Daube » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:43 pm

cevans wrote:Well I'm thinking of caving in and going against my heart and buying TrueEarth. I'm no payware fan by any means but P3D is missing something big and scenery is it.


A small warning: I have read many complaints about the huge performance hit caused by TrueEarth sceneries in P3D.
That being said, it was in P3Dv4. I have no idea how P3Dv5 reacts to these sceneries.
User avatar
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 6473
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:34 am
Location: Nice (FR)


Return to Prepar3D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 181 guests