Chris EVANS/Danny GARNIER : realistic flight model addons?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Chris EVANS/Danny GARNIER : realistic flight model addons?

Postby SBHR » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:38 pm

Greatings,

I see a lot, old and highly downloaded addons made by these two designers.
Question : are they producing aircrafts with realistic flight model? Or are they only beautiful?
Other question : who are the best designers on this site (realistic flight model)?

Thanks for your answers.
FSX SP2 Acceleration Слава! OS : Windows Seven 64bits. PC : motherboard ASUS P6T Deluxe 2. CPU Intel  I7 920 2.81 Ghz Quad Core. 16Go RAM DDR3. GPU NVIDIA 2060 RTX. 3 SSD CRUCIAL MX500 1 To with 5 clones HDD WD/SEAGATE. Cool Master. Saitek Pro Flight Cessna. Joystick Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner Force Feedback. Logitech G502 Hero. Clavier Razer. ASUS 26". Plantronics. Addons : Ultimate Traffic Live. Active Sky 2016. France VFR 3DA, Obstacles et Repères VFR V2.0, NEXT Mesh France, Trafic France, FS Altitude True Landscape. ORBX Global Range Europe North America Oceania. A2A C172 P-40 Spitfire MkI-II 3D Lights Redux. PMDG B737 B777. AEROSOFT A318/A319/A320/A321, Mega Airport CDG Orly, Iceland Keflavik. ZINERTEK : Ultimate Airport Environment X. Freeware addons : only most reliable. Navigation.
SBHR
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Chris EVANS/Danny GARNIER : realistic flight model addon

Postby pete » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Hi

If you go to the front page and look at 'Featured downloads' you will see a lot of the top recommended files. Refresh it by F5

Usually the flight models are pretty good but I have only had experience in real Piper and Cessna aircraft and a 757 simulator. Try them and see!

There are 100's of great designers and contributors. The 2 guys you mention (among many others) are either repainters or modifiers of files but not model designers.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SBHR » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:49 pm

pete wrote:Hi

If you go to the front page and look at 'Featured downloads' you will see a lot of the top recommended files. Refresh it by F5

Usually the flight models are pretty good but I have only had experience in real Piper and Cessna aircraft and a 757 simulator. Try them and see!

There are 100's of great designers and contributors. The 2 guys you mention (among many others) are either repainters or modifiers of files but not model designers.

Thank you for responding.
Indeed, i didn't notice these featured downloads using F5. I will check.
I may try addons but if i don't know the real aircraft, i won't have a better idea.
Ok for the two guys. Do you have some names for good designers?

Regards.
FSX SP2 Acceleration Слава! OS : Windows Seven 64bits. PC : motherboard ASUS P6T Deluxe 2. CPU Intel  I7 920 2.81 Ghz Quad Core. 16Go RAM DDR3. GPU NVIDIA 2060 RTX. 3 SSD CRUCIAL MX500 1 To with 5 clones HDD WD/SEAGATE. Cool Master. Saitek Pro Flight Cessna. Joystick Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner Force Feedback. Logitech G502 Hero. Clavier Razer. ASUS 26". Plantronics. Addons : Ultimate Traffic Live. Active Sky 2016. France VFR 3DA, Obstacles et Repères VFR V2.0, NEXT Mesh France, Trafic France, FS Altitude True Landscape. ORBX Global Range Europe North America Oceania. A2A C172 P-40 Spitfire MkI-II 3D Lights Redux. PMDG B737 B777. AEROSOFT A318/A319/A320/A321, Mega Airport CDG Orly, Iceland Keflavik. ZINERTEK : Ultimate Airport Environment X. Freeware addons : only most reliable. Navigation.
SBHR
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Awaken » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:59 pm

SBHR wrote:
pete wrote:Hi

Thank you for responding.
Indeed, i didn't notice these featured downloads using F5. I will check.
I may try addons but if i don't know the real aircraft, i won't have a better idea.
Ok for the two guys. Do you have some names for good designers?

Regards.

Hello SBHR!
Here are some of my favorite designers, maybe you will find something you like also.

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... n&x=0&y=13
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=26&y=11
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... t&x=16&y=8
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=15&y=16
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... n&x=9&y=10
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... th&x=0&y=0
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... us&x=0&y=0
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... th&x=0&y=0
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... KY&x=0&y=0
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=20&y=11

There are many more and maybe others can add to the list. Hope this helped
AMD R5 1600 AF on ASROCK B450, Teamgroup 16GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1650 Super , 500 GB SSD and 3TB HDD, EVGA 500W PS, ASUS 27in. MX27A 2k monitor, Windows 10
Awaken
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:21 am

In addition to the above I suggest you look at the main page 'Featured downloads' - refresh to get more.

These are some of the best files available for the MSFS series
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SBHR » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:12 pm

pete wrote:In addition to the above I suggest you look at the main page 'Featured downloads' - refresh to get more.

These are some of the best files available for the MSFS series
I checked. That's right. I'm using now.
SBHR
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby SBHR » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 am

@Awaken : Indeed, it helps! And let's go if others have other links!
SBHR
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby SBHR » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:14 am

Another question.

I see a lot of liners.
Are they as good as paywares like PMDG/Aerosoft/Fslabs?
Yes/No and why?

Thank you.
SBHR
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:26 am

SBHR wrote:Another question.

I see a lot of liners.
Are they as good as paywares like PMDG/Aerosoft/Fslabs?
Yes/No and why?

Thank you.

They are free!

You could answer a lot of your questions by trying them yourself. ^-^

Some of the best freeware is better than a lot of payware. It's not as simple as payware is better than freeware. It depends on the model designer mainly
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SBHR » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:36 am

@Pete : that's right but some users may have a bigger experience. I am sure their knowledge has a value also before trying so much planes offered on this marvelous website.
And i see that some old paywares are free now here. That's the reason why i expect that even if free, a team of passion may build something as good as a payware. The problem is to know which when there are so many.
That was the question.
SBHR
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam