Aimed at morons?

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Re: Aimed at morons?

Postby expat » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:55 am

Sinkrate wrote:
Where are your complaints about Windows, that has never been finished since the day Windows 95 was released :lol: :lol:

Matt

Oh no, not that; don’t get me started! I think I can feel a Meldrew moment coming on. :x Better sign of now before I go into a thermonuclear rant. :evil: :evil: :evil:

We need whole new website for that subject :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sinkrate » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:58 am

UPDATE

It looks as if Microsoft might have been reading these posts. Well anyway, someone has managed to shame them into fixing the long outstanding download problem. When I tried to start FS2020, it prompted me to reinstall it, and when I did, it started to download the patch again, but this time it didn’t hang on any of the files. It took 4 ½ days and nights to download it on my clockwork adsl connection but I have now got it installed. This is on my back up PC which is the one nearest to the main BT telephone jack. Now all I have to do is find a way to transfer the “one store” files to my main PC so I can play it on either machine. It won’t work with a simple file copy (naturally FML), so does anyone have any ideas as to how to do this? :think: I don’t want to go through the tedious download process again, and in view of the time it took, I want to have some insurance in case one of the machines crashes.
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby expat » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:57 am

Sinkrate wrote:UPDATE

It looks as if Microsoft might have been reading these posts. Well anyway, someone has managed to shame them into fixing the long outstanding download problem. When I tried to start FS2020, it prompted me to reinstall it, and when I did, it started to download the patch again, but this time it didn’t hang on any of the files. It took 4 ½ days and nights to download it on my clockwork adsl connection but I have now got it installed. This is on my back up PC which is the one nearest to the main BT telephone jack. Now all I have to do is find a way to transfer the “one store” files to my main PC so I can play it on either machine. It won’t work with a simple file copy (naturally FML), so does anyone have any ideas as to how to do this? :think: I don’t want to go through the tedious download process again, and in view of the time it took, I want to have some insurance in case one of the machines crashes.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is my understanding that you can install the Sim on more than one computer, and log in using the same Xbox account. I am pretty sure you need to download it completely for each machine it is run from....

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sinkrate » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:50 am

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is my understanding that you can install the Sim on more than one computer, and log in using the same Xbox account. I am pretty sure you need to download it completely for each machine it is run from....

Matt

Thanks Matt, I thought that might be the answer; well, it’s Microsoft innit! :( :( :(

At first glance, this looks like a pig in a poke. It takes ages to load, won’t start without the internet, and then forces you to look at that Japan advert every time. The control setup is a nightmare; I have a basic joystick (AV8R) attached and I cannot make the axes work in an analogue manner. They jerk the controls violently even with the sensitivities set right down. There must be a way to cure this but the manual does not go into any detail on control setup. Apparently the AV8R (an old and well known joystick) is not recognised by the program!! :o
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020