Why only 2 planes shown - Standard version

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Why only 2 planes shown - Standard version

Postby daveywavey » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:51 am

Hi, hope someone can help. I bought the standard version of Flight Sim 2020 (10 DVD version) and can only see 2 planes in the 'Selecting an Aircraft' window, which are the Daher TBM930 and the Textron Aviation Cessna 152.

PC hardware:-
i5 4590
8 GB RAM
RX580 GPU (8 GB)

I have plans to upgrade the CPU/Board and RAM.

I have a Logitech Wingman 3D which the system doesn't recognise (I know it's very old) so I've been using the keyboard, not very successfully. I've tried to find out how to configure this joystick but no luck. So I plan to buy a joystrick which is shown on the compatibility list (eg Thrustmaster TFlight Hotas X). If anyone can offer advice on this issue, greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your advice/assistance.

Dave
Attachments
20200913_093456_resized.jpg
screen shot
20200913_093456_resized.jpg (420.47 KiB) Viewed 657 times
daveywavey
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Why only 2 planes shown - Standard version

Postby pete » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:16 am

MSFS is pretty demanding. 1st off your specs will be struggling.. I guess this may be the reason for your limits

See this thread for a chart of specs https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 0&t=180100
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby daveywavey » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:24 am

Thanks Pete, the game does play on the PC but i appreciate the hardware needs a major upgrade. I didn't think that the pc spec would restrict the number of available aircraft - is this correct? Many thanks for your post.
daveywavey
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Mick the Miller » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:20 pm

I too only see the same 2 aircraft as you do. When I first installed MSFS in August I was greeted with the message that the system CPU was not up to the required minimum though I was able to run the program, albeit with very low frame rates. I was able to select from the whole range of aircraft 20 aircraft that came with the Standard DVD edition even then.
I uninstalled MSFS, upgraded my PC to meet more than the required recommended specs. Reinstalled MSFS and now find I have only 2 aircraft listed rather than the supposedly 20 installed aircraft.
Has an automatically downloaded patch affected the installed aircraft?
It would be interesting to find out why this has occurred.
Mick the Miller
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby daveywavey » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Mick, I've sorted the problem. Open Profile and Content Manager where you should see the list of installed add ons. Download the missing content (which you should easily see) and hey presto, all planes should appear after being downloaded. Cheers, Dave
daveywavey
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Mick the Miller » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:20 am

Thank you for this information Dave. Now all 20 aircraft are selectable plus other downloads and updates were realised. Sorted. Kind regards Michael.
Mick the Miller
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby expat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 am

daveywavey wrote:Mick, I've sorted the problem. Open Profile and Content Manager where you should see the list of installed add ons. Download the missing content (which you should easily see) and hey presto, all planes should appear after being downloaded. Cheers, Dave

That was a top tip O0
I was missing the 787 and Heathrow scenery. Microsoft has no idea, Zendesk have still not after two weeks answered my ticket and Aerosoft could not help either.......

This Sim is in dire need of an instruction manual.........

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020