My hanger is so full it takes forever to get into it.

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: My hanger is so full it takes forever to get into it.

Postby papituwall » Thu May 21, 2020 9:04 am

Some FS9 ported aircraft and some FSX native but old don't show properly in DirectX10 mode, for that Steve's DX10 fixer is required.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 am

Adrian39 wrote:Preview DirectX10 is checked. I don't know what the significance of 'preview' is!

The simple answer is: Disable the DirectX10 Preview mode. The aircraft you're having problems with are most likely FS9 models.

My reply here explains it --> https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=180154&p=1312913&hilit=directx10#p1312913

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Adrian39 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:00 pm

This is getting me down. I am no newby but have contibuted to this forum for a number of years under the username E.E. I have converted old files to FSX on many occasions and sucessfully but this snag has me beat. Taking the Sud Est Caravelle as an example - it's an FSX file but the single texture supplied as 'Inter' just doesn't appear. Yet the JBK Viscount files appear as normal though several others dont. I can't see the error in the aircraft config file so what's happening? Help much appreciated.
Adrian39
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Thu May 21, 2020 5:33 pm

I presume you mean this file --> https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Sud_Aviation_Caravelle.zip&categoryId=&filename=Y

If you read my answer from the link in my previous reply you will see that it has BMP textures & the MDL8MDLH entry in the first line of the MDL file.

This means that it's an FS9 model configured for FSX. Disable the Preview DirectX 10 option from FSX Display settings for the textures to show up.

The JBK Viscount is a Native FSX model.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Adrian39 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:05 pm

Thanks hagar, you've sorted it out for me. Now I see the explanation I remember having the same trouble years ago when my username was E.E. The problem must come up so often that it warrants being in what I believe is called a sticky. Whatever, you'll know what I mean. I thank you.
Adrian39
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby EVVFCX » Fri May 22, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi,
Many moons ago, I wrote a short bat file for somebody here wanting to limit their hanger size.
To stop an aircraft from appearing you only need to rename the panel folder as long as you don't have other aircraft aliased to it.

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby Adrian39 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:54 pm

I took note of all the comments, un-checked DX10 preview and the Caravelle displayed in all its finery. I then closed FSX. When I started it again and checked the Caravelle my screen went blank. The only way I could get the display back was to log-out and then log-in. I opened FSX and tried the microlight ... blank screen! I won't go on it's boring. What happened this time?
Adrian39
Ground hog
Ground hog

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam