Installation Issue: Qualitywings Ultimate 757 -- P3d v4.5

General discussion about payware add-ons

Installation Issue: Qualitywings Ultimate 757 -- P3d v4.5

Postby Tleilaxian » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:27 pm

I Purchased the Qualitywings Ultimate 757 package for P3d v4 (hey, for $15 how could one lose?) and tried installing it. Everything seemed to go ok until it wanted to install FSUIPC. I tried to proceed with that but it asked me for a registration number/key, which I did not get/do not have. I've seen no mention of having to enter any information pertaining to the completion of its install. Since I had no key to enter, I noped out of that, figuring it was not something I needed. It corrupted my installation, and even some aircraft configs, so badly that I had to reinstall P3d.

Does anybody know what needs to be done to install/activate FSUIPC ... apart from entering a key/registration number which I don't have and was not provided. Alternatively, does anybody know where there is a comprehensive install/configure guide for Qualitywings Ultimate 757?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.
Tleilaxian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Installation Issue: Qualitywings Ultimate 757 -- P3d v4.

Postby Boromir » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:18 am

You do not need the payware version of FSUIPC although the majority of simmers I know use it. The freeware version is fine for QW757, just skip past the reg key request window. Downloads are easy to find, just watch you choose the correct version.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977 ... d-modules/

Good luck,

Greg G
Boromir
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:48 am

Top of the page http://www.fsuipc.com/
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Tleilaxian » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:32 pm

Thank you very much guys, I really appreciate the help. I'll give it a try later. Thanks again!
Tleilaxian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Tleilaxian » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:24 am

Thanks guys for the help. It turned out that something had gone awry with my installation which necessitated reinstalling (read: reinstalling Prepar3d completely ... and into a new directory as uninstalling P3d left its root in \lockheed Martin and even the new installation instance refers to the old location for game saves and key assignments. I actually tried to just do a standard re-installation (after performing the uninstall) into the default location but that did literally nothing to help. Knowing how the file system lies, I tried in an other-than-original location and that's when everything started working). After having done that everything behaved as it should. Thanks again for the help.
Tleilaxian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Payware