Precision Approach into Skagit Regional Airport (KBVS)

Videos! Discussion on Simulation, Game play, real aviation or other related video. Videos can be embedded links

Precision Approach into Skagit Regional Airport (KBVS)

Postby Doering » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxLxbW7PEoI

Flight 2 (Precision Approach into KBVS) of the Pacific West By Air series. This is a short flight over the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the San Juan Islands in the PIPER Cheyenne II twin turboprop with instructional comments. We land at Skagit Regional Airport via an RNAV (GPS) approach on runway 11. Multiple camera views were used to highlight the airport approach and the landing.
My latest video at The Flight Level - World's Most Dangerous Approach - RNAV (RNP) Landing RWY 15 at Paro Airport- Bhutan - 4K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2KxjLdJgY&t=1084s
Doering
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Precision Approach into Skagit Regional Airport (KBVS)

Postby Dave T » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Great video thanks for sharing.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Flacke » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:19 am

Nice video, Many years ago I flew co-pilot from Canada to Denver area and return in a Cheyenne 2 just like that one. Very useful airplane. Your route to KBVS took you near Allan Island where my Wife and I were married on a beautiful Yacht! We attend many functions at KBVS and fly in and out of it in Jets, Turboprops, and various Helos including a gorgeous Bell407. We love that entire area and visit often as possible. I also have the excellent ORBX KBVS scenery package for FSX and I fly Sim flights out of there. I enjoy taking off out of Annacortes and flying out to the spot where we got married. It looks the same on the ORBX. Thanks again for the video.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Doering » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:23 am

Dave T wrote:Great video thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed it! Lots more to follow!
My latest video at The Flight Level - World's Most Dangerous Approach - RNAV (RNP) Landing RWY 15 at Paro Airport- Bhutan - 4K
Doering
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Doering » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 am

Flacke wrote:Nice video, Many years ago I flew co-pilot from Canada to Denver area and return in a Cheyenne 2 just like that one. Very useful airplane. Your route to KBVS took you near Allan Island where my Wife and I were married on a beautiful Yacht! We attend many functions at KBVS and fly in and out of it in Jets, Turboprops, and various Helos including a gorgeous Bell407. We love that entire area and visit often as possible. I also have the excellent ORBX KBVS scenery package for FSX and I fly Sim flights out of there. I enjoy taking off out of Annacortes and flying out to the spot where we got married. It looks the same on the ORBX. Thanks again for the video.

Wow, what a wonderful story! The Skagit region is beautiful in so many ways and so glad to hear that simulation brings back some of the best memories ... especially knowing the area as well as you do. I just started my YouTube channel and I will continue to publish videos on the Pacific Northwest and beyond (as the ORBX scenery permits) in the highest quality possible in terms of navigational and aircraft content. My next flight will take us from KBVS, over the Cascade Mountains into Spokane (KGEG).
PS - I have loved the Cheyenne ever since the early days of MSFS. It is a remarkable plane!
Doering
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:28 pm

Hi Doering, I was in that White Cheyenne 2 at Casper Wyoming when after refueling the Captain asked if I would like to fly left-seat and fly my first Cheyenne twin-turboprop takeoff then fly the next leg to Colorado. Sure. I said, what could go wrong! So , as I was about to turn onto the runway ATC said " Cheyenne XX expedite takeoff, Boeing on final". Captain said "lets roll now and I will set Torque for you". Just after V1-rotate and gear up ATC gave me an immediate right turn to a heading that required banking a fair bit. [this was in case Boeing had to go around]. I was busy but all went well. Great flight.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:31 pm

Oh, and by the way, that mountain flight from KBVS tom Spokane is very ORBX-scenic, enjoy.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby selena110 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:20 pm

Flight 2 (Precision Approach into KBVS) of the Pacific West By Air series. This is a short flight over the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the San Juan Islands<a href="https://mybankinginformation.com/get-paid-for-house-clearance/">.</a>
selena110
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Video