Microsoft FSX SE is NVIDIA experience compatible.

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Microsoft FSX SE is NVIDIA experience compatible.

Postby papituwall » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:21 am

Good news, dear simmers:

Since last Nvidia GeForce Experience version, FSX-SE appears as compatible game and can be optimised.

Is the first time that a flight simulator is included in Nvidia optimisations.

Also in Nvidia twitter, a video of FS2020 is posted : https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForceES/sta ... 6490393600

Looks like MS is taking very seriously its simulators
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Re: Microsoft FSX SE is NVIDIA experience compatible.

Postby yancovitch » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:15 pm

hmmm...doesn't list fsx as a supported game on geforce ? unless i'm mistaken?
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby papituwall » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:26 am

Of course, that is the new. FSX STEAM EDITION is Nvidia supported
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby yancovitch » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:02 pm

but i'm using fsx steam.......is there a new version? are you referring to the beta version? which i'm afraid to try cause i may screw up...
....by the way, i wasn't happy about my graphics, so i reinstalled nvidia inspector and adjusted the fsx cfg. as explained by this fellow below......and what a great improvement....looks almost 3d like.........l don't understand the difference between nvidia inspector and geforce experience and how to choose which affects the sim......................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hoVfXsumbM

oh heck....first time it ever happened....got the message computer has run out of available memory...didn't think it would happen on this system.

ntel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91w
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 6GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready ATX Video Card
MSI Z270 GAMING M5 LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:32 pm

probably little to do with my computer.....guess i'll have to cut back on scenery etc.....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:06 pm

FSX steam comes up on my GE Force Experience something new. <<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Flacke » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:06 pm

yancovitch wrote:
ntel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91w
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 6GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready ATX Video Card
MSI Z270 GAMING M5 LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards

Hello Yanc......when you sit down at your rocketship computer you better fasten your seatbelt! I sure wish I had a 'puter with your specs. Mine is from back in the days when we had to carve them out of wood.

I am amazed that you got the "out of memory" warning with that rig. I have never had that...ever
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby yancovitch » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:16 am

i never had it either.....started after i adjusted nvidia inspector as instructed in video above....did this cause i was getting stutters, which were never there in the beginning.....i probably screwed up somewhere...added some entries to the cfg too.....
haha....it's often the dummies who get a good computer....and the fellows who really know what they're doing and deserve the best, are using ones held together with duck tape.....like rich people who don't play, with steinway grands in their living room, and talented pianists using keyboards :D......although it's the only expensive thing i own :D

ha...just realized you have to click on the fsx icon to access geforce experience menu...see?..a dummy i be.....choice of optimizing too .....don't know if one can make one's own adjustments though....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Daube » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:04 am

yancovitch wrote:probably little to do with my computer.....guess i'll have to cut back on scenery etc.....

Yes you might need to tune your settings back a bit... or switch to P3Dv4 or XPlane 11 ;)
FSX Steam runs very well, but it's a 32 bits application that cannot use more than 3,2 GB of RAM, no matter how much available RAM your computer has.
We all know the memory management in FSX is not very good, so the limit is quickly reached in some cases, unfortunately.
Same applies to P3D version 1 up to version 3 included of course, since they were also 32 bits programs.

Concerning the title of the topic, I believe it's simply something to do with the newest NVidia drivers, which are finally aware that FSX Steam exists. As a consequence, the NVidia Experience program now includes some pre-defined settings tailored for FSX Steam. I don't think you need to update your FSX Steam to beta (I really don't recommend it, frankly). You might just have to download and install the latest version of the NVidia drivers.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:33 pm

thanks daube, ....is there a way to adjust the individual parameters in geforce experience, or are they set in stone?
by the way it seems to work well...no oom...bye bye inspector
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:06 pm

dumb question....sorry :D :D
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Daube » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:39 am

Ah, I didn't see your question, sorry.
The thing is, I do not use GeForce experience, so I don't know what is possible to do or not :/
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby papituwall » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:22 am

In GF experience an "optimal" preset is given as default (I think depending on each PC) but you can adjust different 8 preset settings from max performance to max quality.

This affects all internal FSX settings: Graphics, Aircraft, etc.

Because the internal settings only have antialiasing on or off (off for the 3 lower quality presets) and filtering (all presets anisotropic) the quality can be improved. This means that Nvidia panel or inspector is needed for the best image quality.

For me the most important is that for the first time a Flight simulator is compatible.

In my case with an HP Omen with Intel i7 4.2Ghz, 32Gb memory and GTX 1080, the optimal GF experience settings by default are; everything at MAX, except traffic, that is at 50%.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby yancovitch » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:06 pm

very kind..... if i may...(are you from zaragoza? :D) ...........what is microsoft flight simulator 10 which is shown in nvidia inspector....there's no fsx for some reason....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:00 am

Yes I'm living in there. LEZG was an american-spanish airbase. Today has 1 fighter wing (F-18) covering Northwest Spain and 1 transport wing (C-130, being replaced with A400). Has 2 runways, one is the longest in Europe ans was an alternative landing for the Space Shuttle. Also is the second cargo airport in Spain. Control is performed by the Airforce.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 = FSX (X, roman figure for 10). In Nvidia inspector search for Microsoft Flight Simulator 10

Regards
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam