I tried to stop by the SimV Cafe but it was closed...

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

I tried to stop by the SimV Cafe but it was closed...

Postby flyboy 28 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:37 pm

Howdy y'all!

Well mercy me, it has been quite a long time since I've popped into the forums. Looking back, I last posted just over eight years ago. How the time flies!

For those who remember me, I last reported in after reporting aboard ship for my time in the US Navy. That experience came and went to the tune of three deployments in four years. It was quite an experience, but I decided on a landlubber life in the end. Since then, I've worked for an aerial survey company out of Philadelphia flying C206s, C310s, C441s, a PA-23 and PA-31 for a few years until this past May. Most recently I've gotten into the UAS world, now working as a flight test engineer for a fledgling start-up company in Philly.

I'm so very excited to see FS2020 on the horizon and to dust off my old Microsoft Sidewinder (which still works, and is in fact quite dusty) to be able to dive back into the simming world. I'm also very excited to start coming back to the forums here to hang out with you all. I've loved airplanes for as long as I can remember, and have been a member of the community for more than half of my life. I remember the excitement of a new Milton Shupe product, the laughs shared flying cross-country in FS9 on multiplayer and the friendships and real-world flying experiences afforded to me by those friendships. This is a very special and nostalgic place for me, and I hope it is for you too.

So... what's new with you? :)

-James
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Re: I tried to stop by the SimV Cafe but it was closed...

Postby yancovitch » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:25 pm

so nice to hear about your life's events.....so many here i don't even know where they live.....i'm not that active, but still here supporting simv....through the doldrums....cheers to you.........
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby hertzie » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:23 pm

"Old" (haha) flightsimmers never die, they just fly away (and sometimes they come back, hurray).

Sorry to hear that the café was closed, maybe they lost their license ?? :D

Welcome back and safe landings,

hertzie.
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:38 am

Hi James. Good to see you after all this time. :dance: Sounds like you've been busy.

Yes, the Cafe was closed a while back but some of the old stagers like me are still around. 8-)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:46 pm

flyboy 28 wrote:This is a very special and nostalgic place for me, and I hope it is for you too.
I began floating around the forum around the turn of the century but wasn't active in it until a few years in. I don't drop in as often as I used to but I limp around here occasionally. Welcome back.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Theis » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Everything is closed these days :roll:
Theis
Major
Major

Postby Flacke » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:07 am

Hi, welcome back. You are in for some surprises as flight sims, aircraft, and scenery are dramatically improved these days. Enjoy.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to General Discussion