Windows Media /player

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Windows Media /player

Postby captjim » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi fellow simmers, captjim here again. I hope everyone (who celebrates it) had a very good thanksgiving. Here is the problem. I had to buy a new computer (refurbished), that has WSin10 installed. I discovered later that I could not download any of my FS programs because MS deleted the Windows Media program. Now what??? Oh they left the door open for the PURCHES of a program that will work, however being the frugle person that I am I have mixed emotions about paying (extra) for an item that should be the responsibily of MS. Now are there any suggestions from anyone who can held??? :violin:
captjim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Windows Media /player

Postby Tiger1962 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Happy Thanksgiving CaptJim,
Windows Media Player is an option in Windows 10, follow Microsoft's instructions here to activate it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/14209/get-windows-media-player
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Windows Media /player

Postby napamule » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:24 am

Go get you a very good alternative player. The Windows Media Player is ok for burning CD/DVD. But Windows Media Player Classic (ver 1.7.13) is fantastic. You can play the same song over and over. You can choose to play every song in an album one after another. It has a total time, time line with counter as it plays. Click ahead on time line to play ahead (Win Player can't do any of these things). It is open source so it's free and the latest version works without any glitches. It has all the filters included so you don't have to download any filters. It's at this link: https://mpc-hc.org/downloads/ . You can't go wrong with this one. You can thank me later. :-)
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam