AI Carriers

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

AI Carriers

Postby TUCANTO » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:58 am

I have installed AI Carriers in to P3D v4.5 the addon is showing up on flight screen but on selecting a ship group in the menu
no ships are showing in the flight ?
TUCANTO
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: AI Carriers

Postby EVVFCX » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi,

I think P3D has it's own version of AIcarriers compared to the FSX one so I would check on that.

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby Dilvish » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:24 pm

No, P3D does not have it's "own" version.
Having said that, there's been a great deal of evidence that the original, JAVA based version of AIC doesn't work with P3D. The newer, .NET version, created by Orion Lau, does work properly.

If you like, I can post a link here to the download location to get it, should you desire.

Just let me know
Pat☺
Dilvish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby papituwall » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:03 am

In P3D V4 AICarriers folder MUST be placed inside P3D main program folder
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Dilvish » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Very true, Papi, I apologize for not mentioning that little detail.

Having said that, the real trick is, still, using the .NET version. Also, ensure the correct .NET Framework, as specified in the download's ReadMe file, is downloaded and installed. This is a critical step.
Be aware that the .NET Framework installer may SEEM to stall out. Stop working. It hasn't. It can take up to 20 min to finish completely. Just leave it to it's job. Do not interrupt it.

Good fortune to all!
Pat☺
Dilvish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby TUCANTO » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:03 am

Thanks all if you can post link to a P3D version
TUCANTO
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dilvish » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Happy to. :dance:
Remember, this version works with FSX, FSX:SE, and P3D, not just P3D specifically.

http://bit.ly/1AOHM7d

That will take you straight to Orion's AICarriers page. Good info on there too.

There is also a good thread on the FSDT forums specifically dedicated to AICarriers it is here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11293.0.html

The first post in the thread is where the link to Orion's page came from. Some good info on AICarriers in the thread. Q&A's, just good info in general.

Hope this helps...
Pat☺
Dilvish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:12 pm

Not too sure if I have mentioned this method before but I have just double checked it out again on a minty-fresh P3D install this evening. (Nah, didn't do that especially for this! :D )

I've found that if you put the AICarriers.NET application on the desktop & click the app while P3D is running, you should see AICarriers selectable under the Add-ons tab. You do not need to install anything to do with AICArriers.

As far as I can tell everything works, you can land on the wire & take off using the catapult. The ships sail/move when needed. Not done any night flights as of yet so do not know if the ship lights work.

I've not had to mess around with any xml files or anything else within P3D. The only this you should have installed other than P3D is FSUIPC as AICarriers requires that to be installed (AFAIA!)

I have done this method many times over the years & touch wood, it seems to work!

Hope this method works, let me know how you get on!

Keith.

**EDIT** The shipboard lights that tell you your approach definitely work **EDIT**
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby TUCANTO » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:32 am

Thanks all for your help after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I got it working I had not read the last post ref. just activating the icon
before my other methods otherwise I would have tried that first, but I will bear it in mind if I need to reload. now all I have to
do is practise, practise,practise, to try and land on the Carriers and not have to swim for it.
I do not know how to set up the catapult and Arrester gear in P3D yet if any one can advise on that?
TUCANTO
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:42 am

Hi TUCANTO,

Glad to hear that you've managed to get things sorted!

Landing on the carrier is straight forwards, once you've made a successful landing it should automatically catch/arrest your aircraft but make sure you have your Tail Hook down by pressing - Shift Q

Take off is pretty straight forwards too, one you have moved your aircraft onto the launch point you'll need to press the following keys;

Lower the Launch Bar Shift U (Be sure to use an aircraft that has one)

Once lowered you'll need to arm the Take Off Assist by pressing Shift I

Then to launch press Shift Spacebar

Hope this helps!

Keith.
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dilvish » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:16 pm

No, one doesn't NEED to add anything to your EXE.XML. it just is a convenience, so that you don't have to go out to the desktop and start it manually, is all. Being the lazy sod I truly am, I use the EXE.XML to load AICarriers when I start the sim. If I want/need it, it's available, if not, I just don't use it. Like I say, though, I'm lazy. ;)

As to what you need to run AICarriers, the .NET Framework is required, but if you already have it installed and operational, no you don't need to do that again.

Of course, you need the latest FSUIPC for your sim, but it doesn't need to be the payware version. The freeware version works just fine.

Have fun, all!
Pat☺
Dilvish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Prepar3D