FS 2004

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

FS 2004

Postby captjim » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:46 pm

Hello fellow simmers, captjim here. I have been out of the loop for a long time and because of the assistance of Administrator PETE, I am happy to be back. I also had to get a new HP computer that came with WIN10 installed. Now any comment I might make about this OS would not be career inhancing, however, I will try and keep this short. I was able to download FS9 into the computer (which went into "D"), instead of "C" as my FSX is in. The program will not open. I even got a old-timers dummies book which must have been authored by the "No help at all desk" Any suggestions would help. :violin:
captjim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FS 2004

Postby zswobbie1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:03 am

You must have the 9.1 update and patch installed. Right click the FS9.exe
Select Properties
Select Compatibility
Select XP mode service pack 2,or any other
Tick Run as Administrator

Run the sim
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby captjim » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi Zswobbie1, thanks for the response to my FS9 problem, however, Murpheys Law intervined, you know the one that says. "anything that can go wrong will in fact go wrong". Well I discovered that I had deleted the program a while back so I will make an attempt to get it right again. I have another small problem. I have FS2002 on my computer and it works fine with one exception. I am able to fly missions with the available aircraft, however, after I downloaded the program none of the regular aircraft show up, just a black window there the aircraft should be. I would hope there is some simple correction that can correct it. I also know that this is the FS2004 forum, but maybe you or a fellow simmer can help. Again thanks for your assistance. captjim :clap:
captjim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:42 am

captjim wrote:Hi Zswobbie1, thanks for the response to my FS9 problem, however, Murpheys Law intervined, you know the one that says. "anything that can go wrong will in fact go wrong". Well I discovered that I had deleted the program a while back so I will make an attempt to get it right again. I have another small problem. I have FS2002 on my computer and it works fine with one exception. I am able to fly missions with the available aircraft, however, after I downloaded the program none of the regular aircraft show up, just a black window there the aircraft should be. I would hope there is some simple correction that can correct it. I also know that this is the FS2004 forum, but maybe you or a fellow simmer can help. Again thanks for your assistance. captjim :clap:

About the only thing you can do here is to find a similar aircraft that will work with FS2004. Most if not all aircraft that were made for FS2002 will not work in FS2004 and forget about FSX I do not believe anything from FS2002 will work in FSX
The problem is the type of textures that FS2002 used are not supported by FS2004 it has to do with Channels are something like that.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: FS 2002

Postby captjim » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi Gary. I have been meaning to get back to you concerning the little problem with the black screen in the area of the aircraft. I actually found the solution by just trying some activities on my keyboard. I actually pushed the Ctl+Alt+Delete and walla(!!!) all of the aircraft came on, how about that??? CaptJim <<t
captjim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight