FSX Steam Microsoft new beta

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX Steam Microsoft new beta

Postby papituwall » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:45 am

Microsoft has released a new beta branch for FSX:SE that will help gain valuable new telemetry data that will help in the development of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/fsxste ... 3507642734

CHANGELIST:

Turbine

Resolved issue in N1 values where some settings were set to zero
Fixed issue where fuel flow not saved and set to 0 when started in the air

Agent radar

Resolved in flight issue which resulted in intermittent crashes when using navigation way-points

Conversion

Impression fixes when converting knots to meters per second

Piston

Small fixes to oil pressure table
C172 oil pressure changed to start with a valid value

Live Weather

Reintegrated Live Weather
When a weather station METAR line reading is failing the data will now be extrapolated from the weighted mean of the closest available METAR sources, instead of resetting to default weather
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Re: FSX Steam Microsoft new beta

Postby Canuck1955 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Reading the comments at FlightSim.com forum and Steam there appear to be a lot of issues with this Beta. Seems to be OK with a fresh install of FSXSE but any complicated addons seem to get messed up and remain so when reverting back from the Beta.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:13 pm

YAY REAL/LIVE WEATHER. I just logged on to the FSX Steam Beta for an IFR flight from Ksea to Kbvs. They have re-activated the Real/Live Weather feature and thats great. I always fly real weather and just Air-File an IFR flight plan if and when necessary. I really enjoy my flights that way as its so much more like flying trips in the real world. It was a great flight and Seattle was covered by a cloud layer but Kbvs was just a bit hazy.
Its nice to see that FSX Steam appears to working with Microsoft to improve the design of the upcoming Microsoft FSX-2020 edition.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ABasicHuman » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 am

Anyone elses game just crashing when loading up free flight?
ABasicHuman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby papituwall » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:54 am

IMO, this beta shows that MS is working in past mistakes but maybe they should have been more explicit with possible problems in spite of being a beta and that it can be reverted.

I my case, I was not using FSX:SE, so I have made a fresh install in D: HDD

The internal antialiasing works without Nvidia inspector. I get more than 100 fps and no stutters with the F18 with no other adjustments.
The weather engine loads very fast.

My System:
HP OMEN PC 880
i7-7700K 4.2GHz
32GB RAM
Nvidia 1080GTX
HP Pavilion 32" screen.
476 GB SSD
2x1.8 TB HDD
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby yancovitch » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:06 pm

hey flacke.....do you or others speed up the air time in between takeoffs and landings?...maybe a dumb question but i was always curious about this...thanks
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby villagedefrance » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:01 pm

ABasicHuman wrote:Anyone elses game just crashing when loading up free flight?

Yes, it loads everything as normal ... then freezes within 3 seconds ... and exits :(
villagedefrance
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Flacke » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:20 pm

yancovitch wrote:hey flacke.....do you or others speed up the air time in between takeoffs and landings?...maybe a dumb question but i was always curious about this...thanks

Hello Mr. Yanc , If you mean do I use the " simulation rate" adjustment , then yes I do. I use it a lot, for example when I test airplanes for range I usually fly from home base to Las Vegas. Its about a 1000 nautical mile flight . Since I have seen the scenery along the route hundreds of times I save time by using a simulation rate of either 2,4,8 or 16. On shorter trips I often use sim rate 2 and the ATC works just fine without too much rushing of the IFR procedures etc. I hope this answers your query, Mr. curious.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:58 pm

Hello, I just flew the new Beta, and as Canuck mentions above there seems to be some bugs. In my case it seemed to not want to load up my ORBX base and vector. As much as I love the Real Weather feature I won't use the beta again unless they can iron out the bugs. I went back and opted out of the beta, then I opened the Orbx Libraries and used the "verify files" to reload my Orbx files. FYI
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby yancovitch » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:41 am

thanks flacke.............i feel much lighter now :D
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby papituwall » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:52 am

Flacke wrote:Hello, I just flew the new Beta, and as Canuck mentions above there seems to be some bugs. In my case it seemed to not want to load up my ORBX base and vector. As much as I love the Real Weather feature I won't use the beta again unless they can iron out the bugs. I went back and opted out of the beta, then I opened the Orbx Libraries and used the "verify files" to reload my Orbx files. FYI

Yes, orbx flow appears as not possible compatible software.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Flacke » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:49 pm

papituwall wrote:
Flacke wrote:Hello, I just flew the new Beta, and as Canuck mentions above there seems to be some bugs. In my case it seemed to not want to load up my ORBX base and vector. As much as I love the Real Weather feature I won't use the beta again unless they can iron out the bugs. I went back and opted out of the beta, then I opened the Orbx Libraries and used the "verify files" to reload my Orbx files. FYI

Yes, orbx flow appears as not possible compatible software.

Its too bad that they didn't do more compatibility testing before they openly offered it to us. Some people will be turned off and thats a shame.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:54 pm

yancovitch wrote:thanks flacke.............i feel much lighter now :D

NP Yancovitch. By using the Simulation Rate feature you can fly longer trips more often without taking all night to get there.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dilvish » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Just a quick Heads-Up for the TacPack users: TP does NOT work the the FSX:SE Beta version. They also have no plans on changing TP until a final release is...released? :lol:
You get the idea.

I just read a post on the TP forums that said the same thing, but it took 2 paragraphs. I just...ummm...condensed it, a bit. :roll:

Have fun all!
Pat☺
Dilvish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby villagedefrance » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:39 pm

The Steam BETA is working!

If, like me, you had issues launching your flights at first, then good news, there is a simple way to make it work: simply DO NOT allow FSUIPC4 to load at launch.

It might be worth checking your Steam fsx.cfg to remove FSUIPC4 from the allowed programs list.

The only annoying thing is that I get the prompt to allow FSUIPC4 at every launch, but once denied everything works just fine. All my aircrafts and sceneries are working as normal. I do not own any FSX Steam DLCs but I do have a lot of custom files.

The Beta itself doesn't look any different than the standard Steam Edition, but I guess there is a lot going on behind the scene. I still have to test the Real World Weather and the Multiplayer room.

I hope this will help some of you to get it working.
villagedefrance
Ground hog
Ground hog

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam