Help! I tried and failed...

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Help! I tried and failed...

Postby U4EA » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:09 am

Hey all!

After a 5 yr hiatus I finally have again achieved what blew up in '15. Self-taught since about '07 about technical upgrades and improvements, except for Steam unfortunately, I spent a couple years putting together my own supercomputer. Until one sad day in 2015.

For still undetermined cause(s), that tower went up like an engine blowing on the backstretch at Daytona. About the same amount of smoke too. Must've wound me up pretty good 'cause next thing I hear is the neighbor yelling concern over seeing something belching smoke, while sailing thru my screen window.

But I digress. Saved pennies since then and had a local whiz build me a PC that dims my entire block on power-up. :liar: Reckon I screwed up one part though. I'd installed FSX/Deluxe/Acceleration/Gold...all the old add-ons, over 230 ea of aircraft alone, a LOT of scenery from this site (actually pretty much all from this site) and lots of others. (Re)registering for everything went without a hitch, until......I saw Steam while re-doing MSTS. So I registered at Steam and got offered a free upgrade to MSTS 2020. So I did. Then I saw FSX Steam Edition.

Just a little drooling as I browsed around during the eventual 17GB download of FSX Steam, cool lookin' flight recorder package, and a couple of other things. DL and install were smooth as could be.

Locked up solid as anything just at the point where the spawn is about to happen. And I like tight! Took me like 15 minutes or so to get it to reboot. Ran some diagnostic. Started it again. Locked again. Same spot. But I don't know exactly how to go about slicing out the FSX pre-Steam parts using the disc repair option.

BUT! I really don't wanna hazard my new superputer, so I'm back to consult the experts with a simple HELP? :( PUHLEEZE!?! :)

Thanx y'all. I missed hanging out here after I got past the initial FSX withdrawl syndrome.. :dance:
I love the smell of radials in the morning!
U4EA
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Help! I tried and failed...

Postby Dave T » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:21 pm

Which operating system do you have?
Have you checked game integrity and have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Packages installed. It tells you how to check Fsx steam integrity here.

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Knowle ... nown-error
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby U4EA » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:35 pm

That's one I hadn't thought about. Saw both the folder and file location a few times yesterday. That bulb never lit when I was trying to think where I went wrong, other than the install order.

Thanx! Always knew guys named Dave were the absolutely smartest ever. :clap:
U4EA
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Dave T » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:42 pm

Have you got Fsx steam up and running? I'm a dinasour running Fsx Gold.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:29 am

I threw the towel in on FSX Gold some time ago because I had nothing but problems. I was one of the beta testers for FSX Steam so the version I have was free.
But I have no regrets at all. FSX steam is the way to go .
<<r
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby EVVFCX » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:44 am

Hi,

Based on your posting date, have you done the latest win 10 update?

After doing mine, both fsx and p3d failed until I'd excepted the net runtime update which didn't update automatically?

Just an idea

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby U4EA » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:55 pm

After all the end-arounds either were stymied, or failed due to user interface 'dysfunction', Ima going all-in on a disc uninstall. :doh: Either that or maybe a judicious use of explosives. :shock:

Stay tuned... :think:
U4EA
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:55 am

U4EA wrote:After all the end-arounds either were stymied, or failed due to user interface 'dysfunction', Ima going all-in on a disc uninstall. :doh: Either that or maybe a judicious use of explosives. :shock:

Stay tuned... :think:

I might have some C4 that should do the job quite well :whistle: :lol:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam