FSXBA F/A-18 related question

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSXBA F/A-18 related question

Postby Ben Mueller » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 pm

So yesterday I was surfing around youtube and came across a video of someone doing a flight in the FSXBA F/A-18.

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toTnQJszbF0&t=129s

What really caught my eyes were the engine covers,wheel chocks and the cockpit ladder while the plane was in cold&dark state.
I thought that that looked really cool and immediately jumped on FSX to try doing the same as I thought that it was just another keybinging I did not discover yet but without success... :(
I would really appreciate if anyone could help me maybe clear things up on how to get these things to show up.

Kind regards Ben.

Notes: I do have the latest prototype/test version of the Blu Angels pack installed (18.4.65) and I do not own the VRS TacPack.
Ben Mueller
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSXBA F/A-18 related question

Postby B0ikat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:51 pm

I'm pretty sure something like that is part of the .MDL file.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 am

Yes, it's most likely linked to a gauge which makes these elements appear depending on the state of the aircraft, when batteries are OFF and parking break is set, for example ?
Else, it could be directed by one of the 2D panels, like a load manager or such ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Ben Mueller » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:09 am

Yes, it's most likely linked to a gauge which makes these elements appear depending on the state of the aircraft, when batteries are OFF and parking break is set, for example ?
Else, it could be directed by one of the 2D panels, like a load manager or such ?

I thought so too but didn’t work. There is no 2d panel like in the POSKY 777 for ground services for example and I also took it into Cold&Dark but did not work.
Ben Mueller
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:27 am

Once you are in cold&dark and the parking brake is set, try to trigger the third exit (SHIFT+E,3)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Ben Mueller » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm

Once you are in cold&dark and the parking brake is set, try to trigger the third exit (SHIFT+E,3)

Shift+E,4 did work for me thanks for solving my question!!
Ben Mueller
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam