F18, F14, and Su34 refueling video

Videos! Discussion on Simulation, Game play, real aviation or other related video. Videos can be embedded links

F18, F14, and Su34 refueling video

Postby Major Blackstone » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:13 pm

Video of an F18, F14, and Su34 refueling from KC-130 to the music of Alvin & the Chipmunks playing Led Zeppelin's 'Long Tall Cool One' ;-)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YJrMnttQSw4vD7yqo1p6C1PObWjnqFFk (big file size - 30Mb)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NbAK5wYnRuD5yxaPkvFhpZ9rE8qz5als (smaller file size - 12Mb)

enjoy!

...made using FSRecorder and FSX and Windoz movie maker

The Major
We find consultations, we learn tricks with which we deceive ourselves, but the essential thing - the way - we do not find. Listen to the river...
Major Blackstone
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: F18, F14, and Su34 refueling video

Postby Major Blackstone » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Just curious - has anyone tried using FSRecorder to do the TOP GUN thing and video it? You know, going inverted in an F14 Tomcat over a MiG...

my next project :lol:
We find consultations, we learn tricks with which we deceive ourselves, but the essential thing - the way - we do not find. Listen to the river...
Major Blackstone
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:18 am

I did but not using fsrecorder https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... t#p1286371
Have fun.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Major Blackstone » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:08 am

So, how did you get the 2nd aircraft 'flying' without FSRecorder (or something similar) - AI Traffic? I tried using AI instead of a recorded flight playing for my refueling but the play was 'jerky - choppy'...

... still, someone should do a video of it 'happening' (probably require FSRecorder...) :clap:

...made my video using FSRecorder, FSX and Windoz media encoder and then finished with movie maker to add music
Major Blackstone
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:39 am

I used ai formation toys v4, it has a few limitations and you can run more than one copy of this program to create large formations of aircraft. Dinos F14 with Topgun textures and the Maiw ai F5.
Aicarriers2 for the carrier.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Major Blackstone » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:19 am

Well, I'm impressed! But, surprised the AI traffic was very usable ~

Still, seems fine for pics, but difficult/impossible to do a video of the encounter... maybe not, who knows...

With FSRecorder, you fly each and record, then playback all at same time. So, all you gotta do is launch MS Media Encoder with it setup to capture screen/window, then launch the combined recording and just run the camera angles, zoom in/out, etc. while it is videoed. After the raw video is made, use MS Movie Maker to add music, edit, etc.

I've done huge flying formations of B17's using my FSRecorder - totally awesome and lots of fun. Able to switch POV from differing planes during playback of the combined recordings... they all taxi out and takeoff, form-up... even put in a flock of geese flying around the runway just for kicks :D
Major Blackstone
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Major Blackstone » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Dave T wrote:ai formation toys v4

From what I see, it can't be just 'installed' and instead requires one to switch from FSX (minimize) to the go browse files and launch it every time - but, you can also launch it several times to get the bigger formations... hmmm, I'll stick to FSRecorder as that is more 'realistic' than some dumb AI flying in some square route... AND this requirement to move to the desktop while FSX is running is a sure way to destabilize Microslop Windoz and crash FSX...
Major Blackstone
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:38 am

No problem I did say it had a few limitations, I only have to minimize once to go to the folder with multiple copies of the program and activate as many aircraft I want to use in one operation before going back to full screen and activating formations from the drop down toolbar.
Have fun with your Topgun Mig sequence, look forward to seeing the results.
Dave T
Major
Major

Return to Video