STUTTERS AFTER 1 HOUR FLIGHT TIME

FSX including FSX Steam version.

STUTTERS AFTER 1 HOUR FLIGHT TIME

Postby glennscot » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Just recently on long haul flights sometimes with sim speed accelerated and sometimes not, after about an hours flight time I get the stutters really badly ie. stops for around a minuite and starts for about 5 secs, I have employed Kostas tweaks and reduced AI and scenery files but to no avail. My pc specs are as follows:OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Processor-amd fx(tm)-4350 Quad Core 4.20GHz, RAM 16gb (15.1GB usable), graphics card Radeon (TM) RX 450...........Can anyone help please?
glennscot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: STUTTERS AFTER 1 HOUR FLIGHT TIME

Postby Flacke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:38 am

Its quite possible this is heat related. Your CPU, RAM, Video Card and Power Supply could be overheating after extended use. Check your filter if your Case has one and clean it if dirty. Check for dust inside case and on fans etc etc.
Then fly for hour with the side of your case off and see if it behaves any differently. Anyway, this is a good place to start. Good luck with this.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby glennscot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:28 am

Thanks Flacke its worth a try, Ill give it a go and let you know, but I have checked my temps on my fans and everything seems ok.
glennscot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby glennscot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:28 am

Thanks Flacke its worth a try, Ill give it a go and let you know, but I have checked my temps on my fans and everything seems ok.
glennscot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:21 am

You need to actually look at each fan to make sure it is clean. The best thing to do is to shut your system down remove each fan and clean each blade. You need to check the video card itself most cards have fans though the fans may appear to be clean there can be a ton of lint and dirt on the heat sink of the card itself this is what needs to be cleaned. As for your system most cases have a filter in them as well so even though the fan is clean if the filter is dirty no air gets circulated. And last but not least check the power supply fan and compartment. It is possible that parts of your power supply is shutting down because of over heat. In most cases this means replacing it.
One other thing you can do is to have a can of compressed air you know the ones you use to clean the fans with remove the side of your computer power it up and when you start getting the stutters hold the can of air upside down and spray in different areas CAUTION the can will get very cold so you might want to wear gloves if the system stops stuttering you just found out what is causing it. I would spray the power supply first as I think that is where your problem is
I had a similar problem but in my case i was losing power to some of my USB devices and it turned out that the +5v Power supply was going bad and I had to replace it. If you wind up replacing it consider increasing the wattage as you could be over powering it. Most video cards require a 12v bus and you need at least a 500 watt power supply as you can see by my system specs I now have a 750 watt dedicated modular power supply which means I do not have a ton of connections just the ones I need. Less cables mean better air flow. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:52 am

I just checked out the specs on your video card and it requires at least a 500 watt power supply I highly advise you have a minimum of 750 watts so you will not have any issues. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam