Transparent/almost invisible aircraft

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Transparent/almost invisible aircraft

Postby DaveHagen » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:46 pm

Hello, I have a issue with the A350-1000 of British Airways: It is transparent and almost invisible, see picture below:

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Last edited by DaveHagen on Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flight Simmer
I use PMDG 737NGX, 777L, Aerosoft A32X
I use FSX:SE
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Transparent/almost invisible aircraft

Postby pete » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:22 pm

Hi
It would be helpful if you say what file exactly, and the image ?? It's invisible ..... :lol:
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DaveHagen » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:51 pm

pete wrote:Hi
It would be helpful if you say what file exactly, and the image ?? It's invisible ..... :lol:

Yeah Imgur gives me headaches sometimes, corrected it. the image should be visible now in order to see the screenshot. And the filename is a350BA, from the site: https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=18&y=13
Flight Simmer
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:05 am

DX10 Preview is probably on.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby DaveHagen » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:26 am

zswobbie1 wrote:DX10 Preview is probably on.

It is off
Flight Simmer
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:37 am

sounds like a texture problem either missing or corrupt files.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:08 am

I just downloaded this aircraft and it has a problem if you read all of the readme files you might be able to fix this but for me its not worth the trouble I wound up deleting it and would advise you do the same unless you are willing to figure out all of the changes that need to be made with the textures as that is where the problem is. 8-)
Some kind of problem with the texture files and he wants you to use the textures from the default Airbus 321.
I hate it when a designer wants you to do the job they should have done in the first place. Get it right before you upload it. Do not expect people to do the work you should have done.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby DaveHagen » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:38 am

garymbuska wrote:I just downloaded this aircraft and it has a problem if you read all of the readme files you might be able to fix this but for me its not worth the trouble I wound up deleting it and would advise you do the same unless you are willing to figure out all of the changes that need to be made with the textures as that is where the problem is. 8-)
Some kind of problem with the texture files and he wants you to use the textures from the default Airbus 321.
I hate it when a designer wants you to do the job they should have done in the first place. Get it right before you upload it. Do not expect people to do the work you should have done.

It looks normal now, I agree 100% with you with the bolded part
Flight Simmer
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:06 pm

Not sure I understand the problem. It works fine for me straight "out of the box".

FSX Gold + Acceleration.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tleilaxian » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:43 pm

DaveHagen wrote:
garymbuska wrote:I just downloaded this aircraft and it has a problem if you read all of the readme files you might be able to fix this but for me its not worth the trouble I wound up deleting it and would advise you do the same unless you are willing to figure out all of the changes that need to be made with the textures as that is where the problem is. 8-)

It looks normal now, I agree 100% with you with the bolded part

I do not think it's his expectations that are out of whack.
Tleilaxian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:33 pm

just downloaded this aircraft and it has a problem if you read all of the readme files you might be able to fix this but for me its not worth the trouble I wound up deleting it and would advise you do the same unless you are willing to figure out all of the changes that need to be made with the textures as that is where the problem is. 8-)

Can you tell me which part requires the user to use any other files?
As Hagar says, it works out of the box. All inclusive. Default settings set to high for scenery.

Here's what I say

Install FSX/P3D:

1. Unzip to a Temp folder.
2. Move the folders 'britisha350' to the 'FSX or P3D \SimObjects\Airplanes' directory.

Start FSX/P3D and select aircraft under Airbus A350-

& here is the plane. I might paint this one myself as it was before I began texturing and the colors are a a little silvery :)

cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:20 am

I use FSX Steam and that is exactly what I did I downloaded it to a temp folder than moved the file to the sim objects section of FSX Steam and than cranked it up. When I selected the aircraft it looked just like the picture in the original post and than when I started reading all of the different readme files it has that is when it talked about copying the dms files from the default Airbus. My FSX settings are maxed out now I do not have the preview DX10 boxed checked.
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:30 am

I just redownloaded it and I still get the same thing An invisible aircraft I checked all of my settings and all are maxed out. I even checked the preview DX10 box to see if that would make a difference and it did not.
So why it works on some systems and not others is a complete mystery to me.
I just realized that I am at work right now and this system does not have a video card and only has the bare bones minimum ram so that might be the reason I will check it out at my house later today when I get home 8-)
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:04 pm

I think you might have missed pasting the contents of the folder named "Textures into FSXor P3d main texture folder - CommonTextures" into your main FSX\Texture folder.
Six files in all.

This is what I get when removing them.

The same in FSX-SE.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:50 pm

Haggar
You are correct that is what the problem is you have to move those six files into your main FSX texture folder. Now if FSX is running when you move the files you will need to restart FSX for the changes to take effect
Problem solved.
<<r
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam