Southwest Max 8

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Southwest Max 8

Postby hudson » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:42 am

I just downloaded it and am flying it, get in the air and find out the shift+3 or 4 or whatever it is to bring up the radios is black. Over the period of time that has happened helter skelter. And I wish the talented guys that come up with these birds would realize that Toe Brakes=0.006 or 0.045687 are not going to stop the aircraft, and especially a DC-10 or L-1011 with engines in reverse. Anybody correct me if I am wrong, but on a 737-700 I have to put toe brakes=1.60 w/reverse to stop at the end of a 8000 ft runway. If anybody has a better idea please tell me. thanx <<q
hudson
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Southwest Max 8

Postby cevans » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi
I just tried out the aircraft in question Max 8 Southwest

Please see these screenshots.
Radio works. (Vehicle - Instrument panel - Radio). If your radio does not work have you got 737-400.dll gauge in your main Gauges folder?) Landed on short runway, full flaps on final with touch down speed appx 150kts, full airbrake and reverse thrust after land and also need to apply foot brakes but this runway is not long at all.

cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby hudson » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:38 pm

Thanx for the help. I finally figured out either I did not have the gauge file for the radio in the panel or v4 did not like the file period. I finally found the file, and everything now working. I rarely use autobrakes, maybe I guess cause I was around before autobrakes were installed. A habit I guess. I just use toe brakes and reverse thrust Next time I run over with the plane I am flying I will try to take some pics as you did. If I can figure out how. If you could explain to me why autobrakes work with that low number and tow brakes do not. Also where in the aircraft file would you find the file to slow the plane down, as some of these planes I have a hard time with no autothrottle to get the aircraft down to at least 160 to land. full flaps down and wheels.....That big of an aircraft can't slice through the air that easy, meaning even a 757.
hudson
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby hudson » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:59 pm

Well for the life of me I cannot get the Southwest panel small enough to upload. ANYWAY on my computer which is no slouch, the Southwest Max 8, the radio panel shows up in FSX-SE. However in Prepar 3D v4, it does not show up only as a blank square. I haven't tried v3 though which I feel it will show up. So anyway for v4 I went to another plane and coped the radio from there.
hudson
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Prepar3D