Crazy ATC

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Crazy ATC

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:29 am

I am sure that by now everyone knows that the ATC Air Traffic Control in FSX is a joke. Well the other day I got a rude awakening. I was making a flight from my home base KJAX and had stopped at the hold short spot for runway 14 I called the tower and was cleared to take off on runway 14 so I proceed to taxi into position to my surprise I than hear the tower give an incoming flight permission to land on runway 32 which if you do not know is the other end of runway 14 mean while I have started my takeoff roll and sure enough right in front of me I can see a B737-800 heading straight toward me. I had to make a hard turn to the right to avoid flying straight into the incoming B737-800.
Now that is insane. It is one thing when you are making a final approach and have another plane fly right through you or just above you and landing ahead of you making you have to go around.
But to have two air craft heading straight for each other is a first for me.
One of the reasons I turn off traffic when landing at a busy airport. I use FSMAP which shows you all of the AI traffic in your area so when I see a lot of AI traffic I turn traffic off for a moment or two than turn it back on usually this gives me enough time to land without an incident. :shock: :think:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Crazy ATC

Postby DaveHagen » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:50 pm

I have a similar issue: Since I have PMDG 737 I don't use ATC anymore, I plan a route and fly it on my own, if I am still on a runway a plane behind me will just land for some reason and doesn't go around
Flight Simmer
I use PMDG 737NGX, 777L, Aerosoft A32X
I use FSX:SE
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam