So, joystick question...

FSX including FSX Steam version.

So, joystick question...

Postby Travis » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:06 am

Just got back to swimming from a long hiatus. Got a Saitek X52 and I'm curious as to whether using the control overlay provided is better, or to use the FS assignment system.
Travis
Major
Major

Re: So, joystick question...

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:04 am

Travis wrote:Just got back to swimming from a long hiatus. Got a Saitek X52 and I'm curious as to whether using the control overlay provided is better, or to use the FS assignment system.

In most cases like this it is better to stick with what you know will work rather than to try any other method.
When it come to assigning keystrokes to a particular function you have to make sure that the keystroke is not being used by something you might need.
Myself I do not have any Rotor craft on my system so I do not worry about changing an assignment that was used to control rotor lock .
But this just what I do
But I will caution you if you buy payware aircraft some of them will use assignments that must be there in order for it to function correctly.
So be care full when changing any default assignment.
I keep a note pad entry of all my keystroke assignments so I know what does what. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Travis » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 am

Well, I went ahead and committed to the programming software, since I can create macros with it. But a new question: what would be the order of button presses for opening any and all exterior hatches? And also, how many are programmed into the sim?

Shift+E, Shift+E 2, Shift+E 3, etc?

OR

Shift+E, 2, 3, etc?
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Nighthawk117 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:48 pm

Travis wrote:Well, I went ahead and committed to the programming software, since I can create macros with it. But a new question: what would be the order of button presses for opening any and all exterior hatches? And also, how many are programmed into the sim?

Shift+E, Shift+E 2, Shift+E 3, etc?

OR

Shift+E, 2, 3, etc?

Shift+E, Shift+E 2, Shift+E 3, etc is the way it works however to answer your 2nd question it depends on aircraft. I have an AAL 747-823F and uses 4 if not 5 key door assignments

Shift+E, Shift+E 2, Shift+E 3, Shift+E 4, Shift+E 5
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:03 am

Nighthawk is correct every aircraft designer has there own way of doing things some aircraft will use the Wing_fold and Tailhook assignments to open and close certain doors.

And as I stated earlier payware aircraft can be unique and need certain keystrokes to do certain functions which is why you have to be careful when changing any assignment.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby EVVFCX » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi,
The simple way to not losing assignments whilst changing aircraft is not to use FSX assignment but to use a registered version of FSUIPC, as you change aircraft it will load up the control profile for whatever aircraft you've changed to, you do have to set them up in the first place but at least you don't normally lose them.

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam