Time to dust off my membership...

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Time to dust off my membership...

Postby Wing Nut » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 pm

New MFS? Best news I have heard in years... :) I think it's time to start getting back into it...
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Time to dust off my membership...

Postby HarvesteR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Same here. I haven't been active on SimV for who knows how long now...

Actually, I do know, it's actually been around six years, last post was around 2013... but it's been much longer since I used to check these boards pretty much every day.

I'm actually really looking forward to the new FS. (FS2020?) I reckon there's really nothing at stake for us at this point (it's not as if they're at risk of ruining a sim franchise... MSFS has been dead for ages now), so if it's a flop, it's a flop, we go back to our existing sims. But if it's great... it's going to be really great! (those sceneries.. /drool)

Cheers
HarvesteR
Captain
Captain

Postby yancovitch » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:27 am

i check in here almost every day, but am not very active in fsx....but keeping my foot in the door....as i get older and am less able to deal with the outer desires and demands.....i figure i'll withdraw into fsx, which is not demanding physically ^-^ but i doubt i'll upgrade to anything where i would loose all my favorite planes....and i'd have to be very rich indeed even if those planes were available, cause they wouldn't be free.....the financial noose tightens more and more these days....profit from others rather than give to others...etc.....but then again
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:48 am

Like the rest of the Lads, I've been there, done it, got all the Teeshirts for Flight Simming, etc, since the early (1980) days of the Sinclair Spectrum 48k and Commodore C64, etc, so I rarely "play" Flight Simulation nowadays!
They are still on my Hard Drives, ready to go!
...lots of other things to do now...
...cooking, mowing the lawn, resting, contemplating the meaning of life, etc...etc...
I pop into Sim V every day since 2002, to see what is going on, spot my old Chums, and get all the latest news!
An excellent crowd of fellows!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Wing Nut » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:38 am

Fozzer wrote:Like the rest of the Lads, I've been there, done it, got all the Teeshirts for Flight Simming, etc, since the early (1980) days of the Sinclair Spectrum 48k and Commodore C64, etc, so I rarely "play" Flight Simulation nowadays!
...cooking, mowing the lawn, resting, contemplating the meaning of life, etc...etc...
I pop into Sim V every day since 2002, to see what is going on, spot my old Chums, and get all the latest news!

Hi Paul! What's for dinner? :-)
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:12 pm

Wing Nut wrote:
Fozzer wrote:Like the rest of the Lads, I've been there, done it, got all the Teeshirts for Flight Simming, etc, since the early (1980) days of the Sinclair Spectrum 48k and Commodore C64, etc, so I rarely "play" Flight Simulation nowadays!

Hello, you old rascal, Wing Nut... :D ...!

Dinner?
...together with Breakfast, Tea, and Supper.....
7 days a week!
Always something scrumptious...guaranteed!... :dance: ....!
With proper Gravy.......with some added Vino.... :obscene-drinkingcheers:....!

Wine and Dine at Fozzer's Place... ;) ... ;) ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Canuck1955 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:08 am

OMG just when I was about to throw it all in and take up golf............. I'm kidding!
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby AlphaBravo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:16 pm

Fozzer wrote:
Wing Nut wrote:

Hello, you old rascal, Wing Nut... :D ...!

Dinner?
...together with Breakfast, Tea, and Supper.....
7 days a week!
Always something scrumptious...guaranteed!... :dance: ....!
With proper Gravy.......with some added Vino.... :obscene-drinkingcheers:....!

Wine and Dine at Fozzer's Place... ;) ... ;) ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!

Used to love reading your dinner posts back in the day. (another member dusting off the ol' membership for a checkin)
AlphaBravo
Captain
Captain

Postby Tom. » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:40 pm

I'm also dusting off the membership in anticipation of the new FS. My last post was in 2007! :D
Tom.
Captain
Captain

Postby Roypcox » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:01 am

Glad to have you all back!!!
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby H » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:55 pm

Many of us are no longer as active on this site (and many have faded away in the sunset)... which includes me. Considering how many (particularly those younger) in my life have actually passed away, it's relieving to see some of you posting that haven't for some while. Glad you're still around.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Wing Nut » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:45 pm

H wrote:Many of us are no longer as active on this site (and many have faded away in the sunset)... which includes me. Considering how many (particularly those younger) in my life have actually passed away, it's relieving to see some of you posting that haven't for some while. Glad you're still around.

8-)

Dave, Ozzy, etc... A lot of the people from the old days are no longer around. It pains me, but that is the nature of forums. People come and go. A lot of the good people like you and Fozzer and others are still here, so there's hope. :) When the new sim is released, this place and the other major sites are going to explode. It may not be the Golden Age of Flight Sims again but it will be good.
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:50 am

Never fear, Chums! I am here every day, to check out what is going on!.... :D ...! I am forever grateful for my first Flight Sim, 1995; "Flight Unlimited II" which led me to explore the area around San Francisco, in the State of California, and from there, to explore the whole of the USA...and the rest of the World!
I spend most of my time now, exploring the countryside on my Motorcycles, and videoing my journeys, to publish on YouTube for the rest of the world to see!
With the help of YouTube, I can now follow my Motorcycle Chums around the world, and their travels! "Flight Simulator" has opened up the whole world for me to explore, which I would not have been able to do without it! ..and of course, its always good to see many of my old Sim V Chums here, from 2002!
Take care, all my Sim V Chums!
Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

...and my part of the known World!... ;) ...from the ground!..... :D ....>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos

P.S. Do any of my old Chums here remember our original Sim V; "Ultraboard" Forum, before 2002?... :) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:34 am

ha....pm'd you fozzer ..no answer....thought you kicked the bucket......still kickin and tickin i see....good shew.......vc
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Wing Nut » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:50 am

Paul, if there is ever a SimV dinner, I nominate you for catering!
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to General Discussion