A First for me

FSX including FSX Steam version.

A First for me

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 am

Hello everyone the other day I downloaded a DC10 and after I had installed it the first problem I discovered was the radio panel did not show up. That was an easy fix but the next little problem is a first for me.
I had the engines running and had clearance to taxi to the active runway but when I pressed shift +P nothing happened the plane did not budge. I said OK now what! got into spot view and pressed shift +P again and you can see the tug start to move toward the plane but when it comes to the nose wheel it simply backs up again and does not try to push the plane. I repeated this process several times with the same result the plane will not push back.
Any one seen this before? I am thinking it might be the contact points but really have no clue at all. :? :shock: :o
I looked closely at the landing gear and wheels everything looks oaky the gear is not buried nor is the plane floating. I tried going into slew mode than pressing shift +F1 which makes sure the plane is on the ground but nothing happened.
So far I have not been able to figure this out.
HELP anyone.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: A First for me

Postby boromir125 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:27 am

The problem is one of size...the tug is too small to push back the DC-10. I don't know how to correct it but the few times I've come across this in my own set-ups was to use full reverse thrust to move the plane back. I suspect that you might be able to correct it in the cfg file but I don't have clue one of where it is...or how to adjust it. Good luck!
boromir125
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: A First for me

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:12 pm

boromir125 wrote:The problem is one of size...the tug is too small to push back the DC-10. I don't know how to correct it but the few times I've come across this in my own set-ups was to use full reverse thrust to move the plane back. I suspect that you might be able to correct it in the cfg file but I don't have clue one of where it is...or how to adjust it. Good luck!

I never thought of that
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam